PDA

View Full Version : Repair on an F-1 fork?

DRZRM
01-18-2006, 01:54 PM
OK, this is probably a dumb question, but if I have a loose Ti dropout on a Serotta F-1 fork (which in fact I do), and if I can work it loose from the frame without doing damage to the fork blade (I have not removed it yet), is there any safe way to epoxy the dropout back in so I can use the fork again? I'm happy to try myself or send it to someone who does this sort of work. Besides that creak, the fork seems sound. What do you guys think? Is this just asking for trouble.

SoCalSteve
01-18-2006, 02:06 PM
He was "the man" in charge of that stuff at Serotta back then.

Ask him...and, please let us know as I have an F1 fork and would love to know all I can about it.

Thanks,

Steve

Smiley
01-18-2006, 02:10 PM
if you are the original buyer of this fork then do NOT ride it , return it to serotta for an exchange for a Ouzo Pro. The drop outs have been known on a minor occasion to get loose, it did on a bike I had and back then they exchanged it for a new one.

Serotta_Andrew
01-18-2006, 02:14 PM
OK, this is probably a dumb question, but if I have a loose Ti dropout on a Serotta F-1 fork (which in fact I do), and if I can work it loose from the frame without doing damage to the fork blade (I have not removed it yet), is there any safe way to epoxy the dropout back in so I can use the fork again? I'm happy to try myself or send it to someone who does this sort of work. Besides that creak, the fork seems sound. What do you guys think? Is this just asking for trouble.

DO NOT RIDE THE FORK!!!!!!!!

David Kirk
01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
I think it's time for a new fork.

Dave

Keith A
01-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Dave -- I'm curious what your recommendation would be to replace the F1? Reynolds Ouzo Pro, Easton EC90 or maybe an Alpha Q?

flydhest
01-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Keith,
Easy, custom steel fork.

DRZRM
01-18-2006, 03:20 PM
DO NOT RIDE THE FORK!!!!!!!!

I pulled the fork as soon as I realized where the creaking was coming from (in fact you guys helped me locate the source of the problem a while back), oh how I wish it were a headset problem. I'm not riding it, I guess that Andrew's response means that it can't be fixed? I'm putting a Wound Up on my bike now, I know a lot of you hate them, but I happen to think they look pretty good and I've ridden my friend's Seven and loved how the front end handled with that fork.

So Andrew, or any other moderators willing to reply, any support left on an old F-1? I certainly won't begrudge a negative reply, but I'd appreciate anything you can do...

Serotta PETE
01-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Keith,
Easy, custom steel fork.

Mr Steel has spoken...... :cool: *never never try to beat him on a hill..."

Fixed
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
bro it lived a good life now bury it i.m.h.o. cheers

Big Dan
01-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Keith,
Easy, custom steel fork.

I like that idea.... :cool:

Sandy
01-18-2006, 04:54 PM
I pulled the fork as soon as I realized where the creaking was coming from (in fact you guys helped me locate the source of the problem a while back), oh how I wish it were a headset problem. I'm not riding it, I guess that Andrew's response means that it can't be fixed? I'm putting a Wound Up on my bike now, I know a lot of you hate them, but I happen to think they look pretty good and I've ridden my friend's Seven and loved how the front end handled with that fork.

So Andrew, or any other moderators willing to reply, any support left on an old F-1? I certainly won't begrudge a negative reply, but I'd appreciate anything you can do...

I think that Andrew's response means that he doesn't want you to get hurt, nor does he want Serotta to get hurt. It would be wiser for both you and Serotta to have you get a new fork.

Spoon Sandy