PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone biked around Malaga, Spain?

moose8
11-19-2013, 08:56 AM
If so any advice? I'm going there for ten days in January, and I bought a nice S&S bike and case off the forum recently that I'm thinking I might bring to use on quick rides around if it's worth it. I won't be able to take all day rides, but probably an hour or two most days is possible. If anyone has any ideas about riding over there, let me know. I'll be eating tons of tapas, so will need to burn some calories.

aharbutt
11-19-2013, 09:41 AM
I've cycled a lot 90 minutes east of Malaga, it's hard riding all up and down, heavy road surface. I'd stay along the coast, but if you have time drive north to get into the hills around Granada.
Outside of the downtown area where the tourists are there won't be anything open in the afternoon, so make sure you carry everything with you that you need.

OtayBW
11-19-2013, 04:42 PM
I did a kayaking trip around there a while back and stayed for a while in a little town called Nerja just up the coast. Nice sleepy little place with a bottle of red on every table in town. Make sure you go see La Ahambra while you're there....

JimmyTango
11-19-2013, 05:06 PM
I did a kayaking trip around there a while back and stayed for a while in a little town called Nerja just up the coast. Nice sleepy little place with a bottle of red on every table in town. Make sure you go see La Ahambra while you're there....

Ha, I was in Nerja for a weekend too during a long holiday in Spain-- quite charming even though is seems to be more British than Spanish :)