PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo 11 Speed brake lever outer corner

Veloo
11-17-2013, 05:18 PM
I've been riding Campy for only a couple of months now. The top of my bars and the levers are in a horizontal position which is how I like them.
I run the cables on the inner side.
I've found this outer corner where the cable would have exited if I ran it on the outer side is a bit of a pressure point on my palm since it's a raised area to accommodate the cable housing. Have tried placing my hands in different positions and a couple of different stem lengths. With my hands fully forward so my fingers are in the ready position on the levers is the position that results in the most discomfort with this corner. Unfortunately it's the position I like to ride in for safety.
Just the size and geometry I'm born with. I was going to cut some rubber and place in this spot to smooth the transition from brake body to the bars but haven't gotten around to it.

Anyone else have this problem?

ultraman6970
11-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Never been a problem to me, wonder where you have the lever positioned.

Another detail, eventhought it is your call... almost everybody uses that cable at the opposite side running one cable at the front, one cable at the back to avoid shifting problems.

Black Dog
11-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Build it up with a pieces of old inner tube to smooth out the transition. The wrap the bar tape over the tube and a bit onto the lever body. This should smooth it out. I had the exact same problem as you. I used the inner tube trick until I changed bars to 3T ergo nova aluminum bars and the shape of the bars eliminated the bump when the levers formed a flat transition.

kramnnim
11-17-2013, 08:42 PM
I had the problem, use a bit of bar tape partially doubled up to smooth the transition.

Louis
11-17-2013, 09:20 PM
How about a few seconds work at the bench grinder?