PDA

View Full Version : Lynskey rebates

mvrider
11-17-2013, 09:49 AM
In case anybody is looking for an even better deal on U.S.-welded Ti:
https://www.lynskeyperformance.com/store/specialoffer

Orders totalling between $1500 to $2999 qualify for a 25% Cash Rebate or 0% APR for 36 months
Orders totalling between $3000 to $5499 qualify for a 30% Cash Rebate or 0% APR for 36 months
Orders totalling $5500 and up qualify for a 35% Cash Rebate or 0% APR for 36 months

sokyroadie
11-17-2013, 10:02 AM
How convenient:

The Silver Series which started out earlier this year at $1099.00 is now $1558.00 - $1678.00.

Great deal :confused:

Jeff

Veloo
11-17-2013, 10:09 AM
My model Helix is a year old - threaded BB, 1 1/8 press fit headset style. But I got my whole bike with 6700 gruppo, Aksium wheels and FSA cockpit for $4099. 2014 frame alone is almost $4K now.

CunegoFan
11-17-2013, 11:07 AM
It sounds like they are back to their old Litespeed biz model: Keep the prices high during most of the year then blow out the leftover inventory at the end of the season for bargain basement prices, making suckers out of those too impatient to wait. I am sure Colorado Cyclist and Except Sports will be willing to help.

Ahneida Ride
11-17-2013, 11:20 AM
There is no such thing as 0% APR.

-------------------------

A custom Ti frame is 5300 frn.

Pro Build Custom

This program was designed for the person with the desire to build their frame from the ground up. Tell us what expectations you have and exactly what you want to achieve and we will make it happen. This program is very popular for cycling Professionals having a unique performance expectation, powerful riders requiring exceptional strength and stiffness (do you keep breaking frames?), and short or tall riders having significant fit and/or strength issues. You’ll have access to all our unique custom tube shaping and forming capabilities as we design your masterpiece. It all begins by contacting us and we’ll begin the process. The base price of a Pro Build custom frame is $5295.00 USD and can vary depending upon complexity of design, material choices, and finish options.

wc1934
11-17-2013, 01:46 PM
I think this type of marketing is a great idea - payments as low as 33 bucks a month for a $1558 frame. Are there other bike companies who will allow you to finance your purchase?

csm
11-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Trek has the Trek Card. Most hike shops should have some sort of consumer financing available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fishbike
11-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I find Lynskey a very interesting company. It is always trying something new -- business models, partnerships, price points, R&D, marketing, etc. And it seems that their customer service is top notch and responsive. It does feel more retailish than most small builders, but it seems to understand the business -- as well as the building -- side of the house. It is not the most prestigous name on a downtube, but it seems to keep doing whatever it can to turn out a quality product and remain competitive.

I just finished building a Lynskey Helix. While I am not convinced that the shape has any particular value (other than the cool looks) over any other quality frame, I will say that the frame as a whole is just terrific.

Charles M
11-18-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't get why a better deal automatically makes the deal before it (or after it) bad... I just bought a Silver series frame for a commute bike.

The weld / material / finish quality is VERY good...

Way too good to b!tch about a price that's still way more competitive that a LOT of similar quality bikes available through other brands.

Even without the discount they have now, these are a pretty damn solid value.

druptight
11-18-2013, 11:49 AM
It sounds like they are back to their old Litespeed biz model: Keep the prices high during most of the year then blow out the leftover inventory at the end of the season for bargain basement prices, making suckers out of those too impatient to wait. I am sure Colorado Cyclist and Except Sports will be willing to help.

Isn't this what every company who makes a standard (i.e. non custom) product in any industry does? It's obviously not in their best business interest to produce more than they need and have to sell them off at little to no profit.

RedRider
11-18-2013, 12:23 PM
They also will pass this rebate/discount to their dealers and encourage customers to purchase via their LBS.

JWDR
11-18-2013, 01:37 PM
For anyone that cares, Lynskey offers a very generous military discount. Thats how I bought my 2011 Ridgline 29er w/sliders.

Llewellyn
11-18-2013, 03:47 PM
I just bought a Silver series frame for a commute bike.

The weld / material / finish quality is VERY good...

Way too good to b!tch about a price that's still way more competitive that a LOT of similar quality bikes available through other brands.

Even without the discount they have now, these are a pretty damn solid value.

I agree. I'm very impressed with mine, far more impressed than I am with the dealer I bought it from :mad: