PDA

View Full Version : Cycling app recommendations

dgauthier
11-17-2013, 01:03 AM
What's your favorite cycling app for iOS? I would like to see my route, calculate distance and average mph, just simple stuff.

Elefantino
11-17-2013, 01:12 AM
What's your favorite cycling app for iOS? I would like to see my route, calculate distance and average mph, just simple stuff.
Strava or MapMyRide.

Alan
11-17-2013, 06:43 AM
If you use Garmin Connect w a Garmin device bet ConnectStats which shows all aspects of your ride on your ipad or iphone. It works very well.

Alan

Lugger
11-17-2013, 09:53 PM
I would like to see my route, calculate distance and average mph, just simple stuff.

I've been using Strava for a while. One nice feature is that it automatically eliminates stops when calculating avg. speed. I ignore all the KOM stuff, and use it just for what you described.

I've been meaning to try MMR for comparison, so I'd be interested to hear from others.

Willy
11-17-2013, 11:06 PM
I agree with the Garmin app - I have the Edge 510 that connects via Bluetooth to my phone and has LiveTrack that allows my wife to see where I am. I know that some people might consider that a disadvantage but it's great to be able to meet after a ride and also keep them less worried.