PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go hmmmm #1: Waterbottle and/or Mussette Collections?

wasfast
11-15-2013, 07:29 PM
It surprises me that you don't see waterbottle or mussette collections. They may be out there but I've never seen one. It would make sense given that all pro teams pitch their bottles and lunch bags.

Where do all those bottles go then? Plastic bottles have been used since the 1960's and they all ended up SOMEWHERE. Garmin had something like 12K waterbottles for a SINGLE SEASON. Multiply that times all the teams over all the years and that's a lot of bottles (and food bags)

Anybody know of any?

rounder
11-15-2013, 09:19 PM
I have a Helen's cycles bottle that I got on a trip to California. Also had a Laguna Beach bottle while there...lost it on a bump. I do not collect bottles but buy them where I find them.

bloody sunday
11-16-2013, 12:38 AM
I don't have a lot of water bottles, and I only have one mussette (came with my Rapha Classic bundle)

Well, I have at least 5 different sets of water bottles. 10 is kind of a lot to a non-cyclist.

zennmotion
11-16-2013, 07:05 AM
I have one tossed by Greg Lemond that my mother ran into the road at the Red Zinger Classic and collected for me at great peril and police consternation. I love my Mom!