PDA

View Full Version : Starbike.com?

10-4
11-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Anyone ever made a purchase from starbike.com? They have some stuff that's a bit tough to get here in the States.

tuscanyswe
11-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Isent it those who support weightweenies ? Ive bought spokes long time ago. No problems.

dgoodwin
11-12-2013, 05:25 PM
I've had them build two SON dyno wheels for me. Wheel builds were great, prices excellent, and no issue with ordering or delivery to the US. Highly recommended!

10-4
11-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Great to hear!

Kirk007
11-12-2013, 05:33 PM
I ordered some Schwabe tires from them last month - shipped in 24 hours and in Seattle in less than a week. Very pleased.

Marburg
11-12-2013, 07:45 PM
I've had them build two SON dyno wheels for me. Wheel builds were great, prices excellent, and no issue with ordering or delivery to the US. Highly recommended!

What did it cost to have them ship a built wheel?

thegunner
11-12-2013, 07:56 PM
yep - bought extralite stuff from them (and almost pulled the trigger on some THM cranks...) they are good folks.

10-4
12-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Bit nervous, though not completely concerned yet. Placed an order last week that said it would ship in "1-3 days" and I would get a confirmation email of shipment. Today is a week, and I haven't heard anything. Sent an email about 24 hours ago just asking if it had sent, haven't heard anything back.....

Not time to panic or anything, but for an order over $1000, it's a bit worrisome for me.

J.Greene
12-12-2013, 09:47 AM
I ordered two Son hubs from them and only received one, though I paid for two. I emailed them about it and they promptly sent another. I was worried too, but they came through like any other honorable vendor.

ryker
12-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Bit nervous, though not completely concerned yet. Placed an order last week that said it would ship in "1-3 days" and I would get a confirmation email of shipment. Today is a week, and I haven't heard anything. Sent an email about 24 hours ago just asking if it had sent, haven't heard anything back.....

Not time to panic or anything, but for an order over $1000, it's a bit worrisome for me.

This has happened to me a few times with them. The estimated shipping times are optimistic and you can wait in limbo in spite of the guidance from their site. Never been stiffed, however. Keep in mind the time zone difference and chill for another day before resending your email. They probably understand the situation and are trying to speed up your order by using a different supplier.

10-4
12-12-2013, 11:32 AM
This has happened to me a few times with them. The estimated shipping times are optimistic and you can wait in limbo in spite of the guidance from their site. Never been stiffed, however. Keep in mind the time zone difference and chill for another day before resending your email. They probably understand the situation and are trying to speed up your order by using a different supplier.

Yeah, not freaking out yet, just excited to get my stuff!

uno-speedo
12-12-2013, 12:36 PM
They're good people. Florian is (was) the main man at starbike who also maintains the weight weenies site. You'll be good.

10-4
12-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Just an update that lacks any news: 8 days since I placed my order and 2 days since I've reached out to them. No response of any kind. Website shows something like "ready for shipping in 1-3 days." Giving it until Monday for tracking info before calling my credit card company. At that point it will have been 11-ish days for what was supposed to be 1-3.

Is that reasonable?

ryker
12-13-2013, 08:57 AM
You should re-send your email first, maybe referencing that you sent it earlier. Involving the CC company is the thermonuclear option and, personally, I would phone the vendor before that. FWIW I don't think they've ever been faster than two weeks on any of my 1-3 day items.

10-4
12-13-2013, 07:08 PM
You should re-send your email first, maybe referencing that you sent it earlier. Involving the CC company is the thermonuclear option and, personally, I would phone the vendor before that. FWIW I don't think they've ever been faster than two weeks on any of my 1-3 day items.

Is that two weeks to get the product into the hands of the shipper or two weeks to delivery?

I wasn't really planning an international call over an order, I figured since it's a web store that email would probably be the preferred method of contact....

Once it's said and done, I'd much rather have my order than get my money back....

ryker
12-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I actually looked up my last two orders for you. They contained 1-3 day items. Most recent order took 4.5 weeks from order until shipping. One item went out of stock at the supplier so it got into a backorder situation. The order before that took 3 weeks from order until shipping. It was last Xmas and I was told the delay was due to suppliers operating reduced hours in December. They answered emails when I inquired. No big for me because I wasn't in a rush. They have some Euro market only products and good prices so I'm happy they're around.

10-4
12-13-2013, 08:44 PM
I actually looked up my last two orders for you. They contained 1-3 day items. Most recent order took 4.5 weeks from order until shipping. One item went out of stock at the supplier so it got into a backorder situation. The order before that took 3 weeks from order until shipping. It was last Xmas and I was told the delay was due to suppliers operating reduced hours in December. They answered emails when I inquired. No big for me because I wasn't in a rush. They have some Euro market only products and good prices so I'm happy they're around.

In that case I'll give it some time. Simple communication from them would be highly appreciated, though. But the stuff I ordered I'm not easily finding other places, and since it's the dead of winter not a huge deal, but a response would be nice. Even if the response said, "hang in there, we're running behind" I'd feel much better.

10-4
12-16-2013, 11:01 AM
HEY! Finally got a response this morning! Order was done 2 weeks ago now, and their site said "Ready for dispatch in 1-3 days".

The response started by saying "sending multiple emails won't speed up response". Really? I waited 5 days to send an inquiry after my order, I've sent 4 total emails over the last 10 days that went completely ignored.

Was just told that nothing I ordered is actually in stock, but may be this week.

I'm keeping my order in because I still want what I ordered, but to wait over a week for a response to an email and two weeks to find out the items that their site said would ship in 1-3 days is pretty shoddy IMHO.

As I said before, a simple "hey, we're looking into it, we'll get back to you tomorrow" would have sufficed.

10-4
12-18-2013, 09:52 AM
12 days out since I placed my order that was stated to ship in "1-3 days". As far as I know, nothing has shipped. Just FYI.

Pretty poor experience on this one. Hoping my stuff shows up soon and I just missed the dispatch email somewhere.