PDA

View Full Version : Paris-Nice

jeffg
03-08-2004, 04:27 PM
... hey, how about the GC shakeup on today's "spinters' stage"? It seems like many favorites are all but out of the hunt.

There are a few riders whose emoticon is definitely :crap:

saab2000
03-08-2004, 04:59 PM
... it is a race for getting race km in the legs.

I remember back in the '80s when it was one of the first big races (I guess it still is) and guys like Greg Lemond, Stephen Roche, Phil Anderson and especially Sean Kelly went there with serious intentions.

Sean Kelly won it 7 straight times I think.

Bruce H.
03-08-2004, 06:31 PM
I find the coverage only so-so to date. Liggett needs to use these early races to hone up for July.
It went so incredibly fast today that OLN ran a 30 minute Bike Journal program to fill the extra half hour. Imagin averaging 45km+ for so early in the season.
Bruce H.

Tom Byrnes
03-08-2004, 08:52 PM
To state the obvious, Lance and the Posties will have to be on guard throughout the TdF on the typical "sprinters' stages" for similar moves by CSC and other teams. One or two days in the TdF like todays' Paris-Nice stage would certainly shake up the the TdF's expected GC standings.

jerk
03-08-2004, 10:24 PM
the jerk can hardly remember a time where a team has been both so tactically and physically dominant...the thing looked like a team time trial...prtoecting the jersey early in a stage race...even a short one like paris-nice is very rare but that was great....it was also great to see my pal vdb hanging on up there after a great time trial yesterday....that guy has more talent in his little finger than most pros have in their whole bodies...if forank stays upright and keeps his thin skin from geting poked look for april to be his....plus he's a great man a great father...