PDA

View Full Version : Colnago Ace 2013

weehastogopee
11-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the Colnago Ace? I'm considering purchasing one as my first carbon bike.

Also, I read that the sizing of these bikes are a little weird. The horizontal top tube length seems a bit long and the headtube seems waay to big (even though it's supposed to have a longer headtube)

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

ultraman6970
11-11-2013, 04:50 PM
http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/latest-bikes/road-bike/colnago/ace/prd_454978_5668crx.aspx

Personally speaking, the geometry is just wacky, too much front tube, the length of the top tube is just a detail because if a rider that uses a slammed stem in this bike might need to use a negative rise to get it right, for example 54.9 virtual tt... round numbers 55 with a front tube of almost 20 cms??? Not even the ROUBAIX comes with such a tall head tube and that bike comes with massive front tubes. Weird from colnago :) Looks like hybrid bear riding a tricycle riders finally got a classic manufacturer to built bikes for them, they have money so makes sense after all.

RonW87
11-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Novice riders throw on a stack of spacers anyway 'cuz they always want the bars higher. This looks nicer. If you want the bars lower, the bike's prolly not for you.