PDA

View Full Version : TwistLit LED's

William
11-10-2013, 04:26 PM
http://anthembranding.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1-Twist-Light.png

I was standing in line at HomeDespot today I spotted these next to the cash register. Head light, tail light, as well as ones that clip on the spokes that light up when you roll. I thought it was a little weird see them at HD but hey, why not? Anyone try them out yet?

William

JAGI410
11-10-2013, 04:59 PM
I've used the spoke one. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but it's better than nothing. If it was around $3, I might buy a couple, otherwise it's not worth it.

ahemphill
11-10-2013, 05:03 PM
These are likely good for backups or loaners but I would get something more substantial for daily use.

saab2000
11-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Don't waste your money on garbage lights. Seriously. They provide a false sense of securitah and safetah and most end up in landfills.

People who frequent a forum like this can do better. Spend a few Hamiltons on a proper light and if you're really serious it might take a Benjamin and a few Hamiltons to get a Light & Motion or a Dinotte.

I'm not sure they're better than nothing. Most are washed out and invisible from more than a few feet away, especially in traffic.

roguedog
11-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Hmm. they might have improved but I bought some of a previous generation to put on my wheels to get some side lighting for night commutes.

As saab says.. pos. They were a pain to put on the wheels and they were a pain to turn on. Then they were a pain to take off my wheels when I didn't want them anymore. I know it's not the same lights but they were made by the same folks (http://www.niteize.com/product/SpokeLit.asp).

I wouldn't recommend. For the price, I'd rather get the Serfas Thunderbolts for side visibility or the Knog blinders to throw on my seat stays.

Ahneida Ride
11-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Get a DiNotte or it's equivalent ...

William
11-11-2013, 06:55 AM
I don't need lights, just thought I would mention them since I thought it was kind of weird seeing them at the check out of Home D.

William

oldpotatoe
11-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Don't waste your money on garbage lights. Seriously. They provide a false sense of securitah and safetah and most end up in landfills.

People who frequent a forum like this can do better. Spend a few Hamiltons on a proper light and if you're really serious it might take a Benjamin and a few Hamiltons to get a Light & Motion or a Dinotte.

I'm not sure they're better than nothing. Most are washed out and invisible from more than a few feet away, especially in traffic.

Big OT, I lived off and on in Va.Beach for 8 years, ran there, rode around there.......'reluctantly in Virginia Beach', I liked the beach community, board walk, etc...bought my first 'real bike' from Stewart Moon at OceanFront bikes, went to Warings Gym, before it moved, to th Raven...liked it.

Like the water/beach more than the mountains....

Back to lights..the wee Blackburn work well, about $10 each, for a supplementary light.

saab2000
11-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Big OT, I lived off and on in Va.Beach for 8 years, ran there, rode around there.......'reluctantly in Virginia Beach', I liked the beach community, board walk, etc...bought my first 'real bike' from Stewart Moon at OceanFront bikes, went to Warings Gym, before it moved, to th Raven...liked it.

Like the water/beach more than the mountains....

I'd way rather live in the mountains! I'm only here for work. Just finished a ride with a group here at Fat Frogs and chatted with an F18 driver. We compared notes. Different jobs, we have.

I can assure you I won't live here any longer than I have to. The people are friendly and the weather is decent but I'm not a beach guy and the area is just an endless, soulless, suburban wasteland with thousands of bail bond businesses, car title loan offices, pawn shops, etc.

Give me mountains any day! I'd love to live in Colorado!

And another thing... When you lived it was probably way way less developed. I assume you flew out of Ocean NAS. That is now surrounded by suburban development for miles in all directions. The country out here where riding is possible is constantly being encroached upon by development.

Charles M
11-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Just bough this for rear:

http://www.use1.com/sites/default/files/styles/580_autoheight/public/products/tracer_1.jpg?itok=kTOFNxq3

This for front:

http://www.use1.com/sites/default/files/styles/580_autoheight/public/products/WEBSITE_TORO1.jpg?itok=GH2TLmOY

And this for head:

http://www.use1.com/sites/default/files/styles/580_autoheight/public/products/WEBSITE_DIABLO1_0.jpg?itok=11w79BCZ

Lights are like bike fitting... Don't waste time or money on anything that isn't at least "Very Good".

rccardr
11-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Their bike related stuff is worthless. But Nite Ize does make some very good battery powered LED flashie things that work well for walkers (I use one every morning during the fall/winter seasons) and dog collars. Highly recommend those.

oldpotatoe
11-12-2013, 07:06 AM
I'd way rather live in the mountains! I'm only here for work. Just finished a ride with a group here at Fat Frogs and chatted with an F18 driver. We compared notes. Different jobs, we have.

I can assure you I won't live here any longer than I have to. The people are friendly and the weather is decent but I'm not a beach guy and the area is just an endless, soulless, suburban wasteland with thousands of bail bond businesses, car title loan offices, pawn shops, etc.

Give me mountains any day! I'd love to live in Colorado!

And another thing... When you lived it was probably way way less developed. I assume you flew out of Ocean NAS. That is now surrounded by suburban development for miles in all directions. The country out here where riding is possible is constantly being encroached upon by development.

Right-o..left in 1988, 'probably' changed since then. Yep, flew Turkeys(F-14) out of Oceanbanana, Oceana.

The 'beach' was a small, boardwalk centered, community..great place to go and just walk around on the weekends..also trips into Ghent in Norfolk...

Suburbia around the airpatch?.They plunked a few A-6s into the dirt around the NAS...probably homes now...

thanks for the response....back to lights!!