PDA

View Full Version : total cycling

dsimon
01-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey anyone order from here whats your experiance

Tony Edwards
01-15-2006, 10:02 PM
I've used TC a few times over the years. Their shipping is remarkably fast, and I've never had any problems of any kind with them over the years. TC was an amazing value when the dollar was stronger - now it's less of a bargain, but I still consider it a reliable and fairly-priced vendor.

Tailwinds
01-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Fast shipping and great prices. I've ordered from them a few times with no problems.

dsimon
01-15-2006, 10:09 PM
yes it seems that there assos shorts even with priority shipping is way less than any i have seen

OttrottAZ
01-15-2006, 10:46 PM
great dealer

fast shipping

assos and sidi cheap even with shipping

answer email questions promptly

never a problem

The Spider
01-16-2006, 01:56 AM
five stars, seems to be one of the few places in GB that can get it right!

very fast delivery

shinomaster
01-16-2006, 02:53 AM
did you guys have to pay import taxes? I was gonna order some centaur parts but then someone said there was a big added tax?

SayHey
01-16-2006, 03:48 AM
My Total Cycling experience was very positive, similar to those of others. I didn't have to pay any import taxes because I was buying clothing (Assos bibs). Their website includes an excerpt from the US Customs website -- generally, the import taxes are shown as being low and only for selected items.

Ti-Boy
01-16-2006, 05:27 AM
Got 3T BioMorphe bars from them last year. No problems with the process.

LegendRider
01-16-2006, 06:11 AM
I bought a Dura-Ace / Ultegra mix group from them with no problems. I'd recommend Total Cycling.

05Fierte TI
01-16-2006, 08:37 AM
How bad (or good) was the shipping costs back to the US. Their prices seem very good

davids
01-16-2006, 09:49 AM
I had one very good experience with them. But one caveat - They don't answer their e-mail!

djg
01-16-2006, 01:10 PM
How bad (or good) was the shipping costs back to the US. Their prices seem very good

Shipping prices are posted on the web site. Basically, it's a steep buy-in for a small purchase (base shipping is something like twenty bucks) but ends up being very reasonable if you are buying more things--I think you can get an entire groupset for the same shipping fee as a rear changer. Even one item may still be worthwhile--for instance, they had last year's chorus alloy cranksets going for 70-something bucks. Add the twenty bucks shipping and it's still a very good price.

Duties are posted at the US customs web site--unless it's changed recently, they don't charge any duty on components (but do on frames and wheelsets).

I've bought a few things and have had good luck with them every time. I always order over the phone--I like to talk to a human being and confirm everything by voice, and I've heard mixed reports on their ability to monitor their e-mail traffic. I'll deal with them again.