PDA

View Full Version : what 's wrong with this picture

Fixed
01-15-2006, 02:39 PM
another trainin crit today here's what happend today 32 x1 mile loop we're all back together with 5 laps to go 2 guys go off the front one's my team mate this old guy in his 50 's take a long pull to try in catch the 2 guys who took off he tows 2 guy from team american classic these guys are really jerks in their 30's I 'm in back .when the old guy pulls over the two guys go real hard they open a little gap on the old guy he craws his way back up to them then they start yellin at him to pull thur after the old guy just got there he doesn't pull through then they try to ram into a curb a couple of times I know this old guy I train with a lot he's a tough old guy he uses his head and elbow to defend his wheel then this big a.c. rider tell him he's goin to kick his a$$ . that's when I could'nt this take it any more and tell this guy just ride your bike and he tells me he's goin to get him after the race I tell him he'll have to get both of us after the race then I stick around the old guy after the race they didn't bother him. if you guys ever wonder why I dish american classic this is one reason that one guy is a wheel builder for them . another story from the jungle baby .

Bill Bove
01-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Boy, some people can really be pricks. Sorry to hear about that. Come over to the West Palm Beach side Fixed Bro, we're a little less aggro in our "training races" but we do still have our little incedents, like yesterday when three different guys all claimed to go around the turn around first. We finally setteled it by agreeing that one guy went around first, the other guy was the 2nd guy to go around first and the 3rd was was the 3rd guy to go around first. Everybody is happy until next Saturday and nobody has to look over their shoulder.

Too Tall
01-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Just stay away from the negative vibes mahn. Life is short.

Fixed
01-15-2006, 02:59 PM
bro bill you guys got a race this comin weekend ?

Fixed
01-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Just stay away from the negative vibes mahn. Life is short. bro I 'm hard on the outside and soft on the inside .I could learn from that old guy he acted like nothing happend like he was deaf .cheers :beer:

Serpico
01-15-2006, 03:19 PM
bro, somethin' in the air down in fla? sounds like you'll dealt with a lot of #@%&!! this week

compei :beer:

Bill Bove
01-15-2006, 03:23 PM
bro bill you guys got a race this comin weekend ?
Nah, nothing formal. Just the Saturday World Championships of A1A. Not to be confused with the Tuesday or Wednsday Night World Championships of A1A. Our training crits don't start up until later in the spring when we get a little more light after work.

Len J
01-15-2006, 03:23 PM
youd one good......don't let the "dogs" bring you down.

Len

Fixed
01-15-2006, 03:24 PM
bro it must be life on the bottom of the food chain cheers :beer:

Bill Bove
01-15-2006, 03:26 PM
bro it must be life on the bottom of the food chain cheers :beer:
I know what you mean, bro. I don't race, I chase.

Dr. Doofus
01-15-2006, 04:03 PM
wow

radisa wannabes

yeehawfactor
01-15-2006, 04:05 PM
wow

radisa wannabes
hopefully none of them are wearing carbon shoes...........

Dr. Doofus
01-15-2006, 04:08 PM
hopefully none of them are wearing carbon shoes...........

yeah

kung-fu fighting

baby

vandeda
01-15-2006, 04:21 PM
what the heck ... i can understand being competitive, but these guys sound like high school bullies who need to grow up. It wasn't even a real race .... I wonder if they'd threaten a guy with a walker next time ....

next time fixed, suggest a group hug ... maybe they just need a hug :banana:

Oh well ... try to ignore 'em the best you can, but also, good for you for stickin' up for the older guy too!

Dan

lnomalley
01-15-2006, 05:10 PM
you're training with a bunch of chuckleheads (and i'm willing to bet they won't ever be near the sharp end of the race). you are better off skipping the 'practice crit' and getting a coach/riding your schedule.
trust me.

Redturbo
01-15-2006, 05:22 PM
If it really bothered me I would contact their major sponsors :D

turbo

slowgoing
01-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Good to know. I vote with my wallet. Doesn't matter if it's a wheelbuilder or a framebuilder, if I see them acting in a way that I consider unfair, they'll never get any business from me.

Fixed
01-15-2006, 05:38 PM
bro i think it's a litte early and some of the guys are not in shape and every body want's to be towed around and then go for the sprint .Inomalley I think you are right but It's the only game in town I ve done these in the summer our tuesday night train'n crits and it was never like this .our first race is in one month and we go till around may then it stops through summer pretty much .one reason I'm racing is to do it with my son but he had a cold today so he stayed home. maybe I should have just done a long ride but I still had fun I was in the front the whole race, the one time I went back the break went go figure ..cheers :beer: