PDA

View Full Version : SRAM 1x11 CX Group Seen in the Wild

ptourkin
11-04-2013, 10:24 AM
It was obvious they would do this and now Ryan Trebon is riding it. Hopefully they do offer it with rings smaller than a 42. Front shifting on a 46-36 is pretty sweet but getting rid of it altogether gets rid of one more potential hangup under pressure.

"Ever since SRAM unveiled its XX1 mountain bike group, cyclocross riders and mechanics have been licking their lips at the thought of applying the concept to ’cross, yearning for a single-ring specific drivetrain that wouldn’t require guide rings or a chain spotter. After this weekend, it looks like the wait is nearly over, as Ryan Trebon (Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) was riding a complete prototype 1×11 drivetrain."

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/11/news/spotted-sram-1x11-cx1-cyclocross-group_307076

gavingould
11-04-2013, 11:39 AM
near the SRAM HQ here, been seeing employees with variations of that for quite some time now.
it'll likely be new drivetrain time for me next year anyway, maybe i'll go 1x11 hydro disc if they get the hydros ironed out. or conversely just do the Di2/hydro which is probably very well sorted.

they mention 38 and 40t "likely to be made available" but there are already aftermarket options such as Wolf Tooth Components.

tsampson
11-07-2013, 07:29 PM
after riding it all year on the mtn bike this is exciting news! its mostly because of the horizontal derailure, the way it moves prevents any bumping around and I love it

rustychisel
11-07-2013, 07:35 PM
because of the horizontal derailure, the way it moves prevents any bumping around and I love it

please explain?

The slanting parallelogram is out?

oldpotatoe
11-08-2013, 06:14 AM
please explain?

The slanting parallelogram is out?

One thing SRAM has figured out, now adopted by shimano, is their rear dérailleur won't rotate counterclockwise around the fixing bolt, smacking into the underside of the RH chain stay, when in really rough terrain. I think that's what he's talking about.

Snicks
11-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Despite the fact I can't get aesthetically stoked on hydro discs on road bikes, the idea of the 1x11 CX grouppo with hydro discs does put some images of a mean racing rig into mind.