PDA

View Full Version : Decipher Pinarello range

kgreene10
11-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm sure I could nail this down with 30 mins of web research but I figure someone in the know could also bang it out in 2 minutes.

The Pinarello range includes such crazy names with tiny changes in the third or fourth suffix between years, that it's a pain to decipher.

So, can you tell me the current line-up from the top and including, say, the first three models down from the flagship. Then, what's the basic evolution over the past three or so model years for each one? For instance, the Spec Tarmac went SL2, SL3, SL4 -- easy! Cervelo reuses the same labels for the most part and just adds the year as the suffix. Pinarello makes me think about 60.5 or 65.1 dogs, twice.

nicrump
11-03-2013, 02:17 PM
it is all on the gita website. only took me 12 seconds to find it.

Shortsocks
11-03-2013, 06:57 PM

Wow. Enough time to look it up, and enough time to write a sarcastic comment. Without even having the ability to Cut and Paste to help out a fellow a cyclist. The worst part is that the OP is in AUSTIN too....Wow. I now know who doesnt wave back when I wave Hi in the morning.

I love Dicks. Maybe you should be in the slowtwitch forum.

FlashUNC
11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Wow. Enough time to look it up, and enough time to write a sarcastic comment. Without even having the ability to Cut and Paste to help out a fellow a cyclist. The worst part is that the OP is in AUSTIN too....Wow. I now know who doesnt wave back when I wave Hi in the morning.

Not that he needs any defense, but Nick Crumpton's good people.

The OP's question could literally be answered by a Google query that would take less time than posting a thread. Or just visiting Pinarello's website for Pete's sake. It ain't rocket surgery.

T.J.
11-03-2013, 07:06 PM

attacking Nic? maybe he didn't cut copy and paste but he happens to be a helluva nice guy.

Shortsocks
11-03-2013, 07:10 PM

The OP's question could literally be answered by a Google query that would take less time than posting a thread. Or just visiting Pinarello's website for Pete's sake. It ain't rocket surgery.

Sorry. In a Crappy mood. Got side swiped by a car this morning Nailed a parked car. Damn Hit and runs. No need for me to be a dick too. :crap:

But seriously. If one can leave a sarcastic comment one can leave a link.
Im sure hes a nice guy, but man. Its just cut and paste. I digress, just cant stand these sarcasm comments. Regardless of how lazy someone is.

GT2R
11-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Rocket Surgery :D

FlashUNC
11-03-2013, 07:13 PM
www.pinarello.com

kramnnim
11-03-2013, 07:17 PM
www.gitabike.com/cgi-bin/shop/pinarello_loadhome.cgi?user_id=id&file=pinarello.html

Who comes up with the odd 60.1 70.3 3.14 numbers?

Shortsocks
11-03-2013, 07:21 PM
I got to ride the New Team Sky Edition of the Dogma 65.1 a week ago with the anniversary Campy all the way around. Jesus that thing rides well. I mean just plain Plush. I would LOVE to see how it climbs. But for the pricetag being over 20 Grand, it was obviously above my budget. I dont even know If I would buy one IF I had the disposable cash. Thats quite a bit to pay for a rig.

kgreene10
11-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Let's be straight about this: I was being a lazy bastard and Nick (who's a buddy) was calling me on it, appropriately.

FWIW, if I actually had the dough to buy a top flight Pinarello, I would buy a Crumpton instead.

texbike
11-03-2013, 07:26 PM

Both Nick and the OP are good people. Hell, they ride with the same people and know each other.

At least they're not from Dallas (just kidding there Shortsocks...)! :)

Texbike

Tony T
11-03-2013, 07:27 PM
www.pinarello.com

www.google.com :)

thegunner
11-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Let's be straight about this: I was being a lazy bastard and Nick (who's a buddy) was calling me on it, appropriately.

FWIW, if I actually had the dough to buy a top flight Pinarello, I would buy a Crumpton instead.

:beer: this is how things end up on the internet without context haha

Shortsocks
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Both Nick and the OP are good people. Hell, they ride with the same people and know each other.

At least they're not from Dallas (just kidding there Shortsocks...)! :)

Texbike

LOL. :banana:
Maybe if I wasnt in Dallas I wouldnt get So many Damn Hit and Runs by SUV's/Trucks. Seriously. This place sucks to ride. Horrible.

nicrump
11-03-2013, 07:40 PM
kinda like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zfnbdyAW8

rustychisel
11-03-2013, 09:19 PM
I hear the biggest dicks come in Texas.

Or should I rephrase that? Too sardonic for some?

kgreene10
11-03-2013, 10:55 PM
I have unleashed a monster! I get it now -- laziness will cause pandemonium. If I promise to get it together will the mods please shut this down?

HHeyermans
11-04-2013, 06:37 AM
I'm sure I could nail this down with 30 mins of web research but I figure someone in the know could also bang it out in 2 minutes.

The Pinarello range includes such crazy names with tiny changes in the third or fourth suffix between years, that it's a pain to decipher.

So, can you tell me the current line-up from the top and including, say, the first three models down from the flagship. Then, what's the basic evolution over the past three or so model years for each one? For instance, the Spec Tarmac went SL2, SL3, SL4 -- easy! Cervelo reuses the same labels for the most part and just adds the year as the suffix. Pinarello makes me think about 60.5 or 65.1 dogs, twice.

Since no one else is going to help you out I at least can.
1) Dogma 65.1 & Dogma Hyrdo
2) Paris 50.1
3) Marvel 30.1
The big difference is the strength of the carbon
They all have typical road geometry

for a more relaxed geometry
1) Dogma K Hydro
2) Rohk
3) RazahK
The difference again is carbon strength.

Hope this helps

oldpotatoe
11-04-2013, 06:59 AM

you and pez should go for a ride..'is google dead'??

not all of us are as 'puter savy as some others.

oldpotatoe
11-04-2013, 07:01 AM
www.gitabike.com/cgi-bin/shop/pinarello_loadhome.cgi?user_id=id&file=pinarello.html

Who comes up with the odd 60.1 70.3 3.14 numbers?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A14-21&version=NIV

Not kidding. Think it's John

nicrump
11-04-2013, 07:48 AM
are you kidding me? you guys sit on this forum all freaking day but cannot acknowledge that EVERY major brand has a website with detailed information on the products they sell? pure silliness ol potato. you have to admit that.
you and pez should go for a ride..'is google dead'??

not all of us are as 'puter savy as some others.

oldpotatoe
11-04-2013, 07:58 AM
are you kidding me? you guys sit on this forum all freaking day but cannot acknowledge that EVERY major brand has a website with detailed information on the products they sell? pure silliness ol potato. you have to admit that.

about a hour each morning, maybe 90 minutes.

I donno, when pez said, 'is google dead', when guy asked something....help the guy out, I know how to google and yep, it's simple, but google, copy, paste for the guy...geeezzz...very silly.

even if the guy IS from Austin...

kgreene10
11-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks - it was the Paris and Marvel comics I was unsure of. And with that, I am outta this thread.

Since no one else is going to help you out I at least can.
1) Dogma 65.1 & Dogma Hyrdo
2) Paris 50.1
3) Marvel 30.1
The big difference is the strength of the carbon
They all have typical road geometry

for a more relaxed geometry
1) Dogma K Hydro
2) Rohk
3) RazahK
The difference again is carbon strength.

Hope this helps

nicrump
11-04-2013, 08:13 AM
no. hell no. i didn't even use or say google. i went to the website directly. you cant turn this around. lame is lame. it was a dig because the OP was lame. this argument is now lame and i am done.

about a hour each morning, maybe 90 minutes.

I donno, when pez said, 'is google dead', when guy asked something....help the guy out, I know how to google and yep, it's simple, but google, copy, paste for the guy...geeezzz...very silly.

even if the guy IS from Austin...

oldpotatoe
11-04-2013, 08:16 AM
no. hell no. i didn't even use or say google. i went to the website directly. you cant turn this around. lame is lame. it was a dig because the OP was lame. this argument is now lame and i am done.

whew, all worn out.

Charles M
11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm not worn out...

And I guess if there are folks that want to take the time to answer very simple questions, so be it.

There is absolutely no experience needed to answer this question, just like there was no experience needed to answer the "dead google" OP.

I get it.

Some folks need to be cuddled at all times by someone. And there are folks with a built in need to nurture...

Nature general dictates weaning at some point in most cases, but there are exceptional people on both ends I guess.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/05/time-magazine-breastfed-toddler-responds/_jcr_content/par/cn_contentwell/par-main/cn_blogpost/cn_float_container/cn_image.size.timemag.jpg

kgreene10
11-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Okay, PEZ, now you're just being a jerk and I don't mean that in a V-Salon good way. Initially, I was also making fun of the Pinarello nomenclature with it's many suffixes, but that fell by the wayside. Anyway, I admitted I was being a lazy bastard many moons ago in this thread. That should have been the end of it. I even asked the mods to shut it down. It was all fun and games and then you had to go and bring being a "mamón" into it. Let's just all move on to something more productive like discussing Campy vs Shimano for the millionth time or speculating on the effects of carbon layup patterns.

I should note that Time Magazine has come a long way, even if it's now pretty creepy.

oldpotatoe
11-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm not worn out...

And I guess if there are folks that want to take the time to answer very simple questions, so be it.

There is absolutely no experience needed to answer this question, just like there was no experience needed to answer the "dead google" OP.

I get it.

Some folks need to be cuddled at all times by someone. And there are folks with a built in need to nurture...

Nature general dictates weaning at some point in most cases, but there are exceptional people on both ends I guess.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/05/time-magazine-breastfed-toddler-responds/_jcr_content/par/cn_contentwell/par-main/cn_blogpost/cn_float_container/cn_image.size.timemag.jpg

I guess........

DRZRM
11-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Come on folks, if you are going to be snarky about google, is it so hard to paste a LMGTFY link?

Pinarello on Google (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gita+Bikes+Pinarello)

Never stops being funny. :beer:

FlashUNC
11-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Come on folks, if you are going to be snarky about google, is it so hard to paste a LMGTFY link?

Pinarello on Google (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gita+Bikes+Pinarello)

Never stops being funny. :beer:

What about LMGTFY'ing LMGTFY...http://bit.ly/vXtvlP

And the Internet eats itself...

KidWok
11-04-2013, 04:58 PM
What about LMGTFY'ing LMGTFY...http://bit.ly/vXtvlP

And the Internet eats itself...

Like Malkovich stepping into his own brain...

Tai