PDA

View Full Version : Wow more cycling anime....

ultraman6970
11-01-2013, 05:45 PM
OK, posted a few names last time with old stuff and today just by mistake I got my ugly face with this.,...

Yowamushi Pedal

It is the tv show of a manga series that has been moving around for a while in japan, the show started a few months ago and the 1st four episodes are very easy to find anyways...

The opening is at you tube just in case.

bloody sunday
11-01-2013, 08:53 PM
you can watch full episodes on crunchy roll

bloody sunday
11-01-2013, 09:08 PM
this show is actually pretty damn funny

ultraman6970
11-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Is not bad at all, mommy bike :D

avalonracing
11-01-2013, 09:20 PM
this show is actually pretty damn funny

If you understand Japanese:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yw5EijUsg

ultraman6970
11-01-2013, 09:46 PM
There's a reason why bloody sunday mentioned crunchy roll

If you understand Japanese:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yw5EijUsg

bloody sunday
11-01-2013, 09:51 PM
There's a reason why bloody sunday mentioned crunchy roll

yep.

i think most people don't know what crunchy roll is.

rippledabs
11-01-2013, 11:04 PM
This is great. What are some other cycling anime?

ultraman6970
11-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Nasu: Summer in Andalusia

and

Nasu: A Migratory Bird with Suitcase

You can find this stuff in the tube.

avalonracing
11-02-2013, 09:20 AM
yep.

i think most people don't know what crunchy roll is.

I love to eat them at my favorite sushi restaurant but hell if I'm going to pay to watch a crunchy roll.

avalonracing
11-02-2013, 10:32 AM
This isn't exactly cycling -although it does have a bit in common with track racing- but it is the coolest piece of anime that I've ever seen. It is very film noir. Enjoy:

http://liquidtelevision.com/video/the-running-man/

bloody sunday
11-02-2013, 12:46 PM
I love to eat them at my favorite sushi restaurant but hell if I'm going to pay to watch a crunchy roll.

i watched the first 3 episodes for free. then signed up for their 14 day free trial to watch the 4th. 5th episode is simulcast

Lovetoclimb
11-02-2013, 01:33 PM
I appreciate that the "climber" on the team is gangly as all get out, but why the waist length green hair? I consider myself of a similar build but beyond neck length my hair really gets in the way, and green with red highlights just does not strike me as beneficial in any way.

ultraman6970
11-02-2013, 09:03 PM
That's an anime thing, since when you have seen a rider (climber or not) that rides a bike like flavio? :D

ultraman6970
11-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Torrent.

i watched the first 3 episodes for free. then signed up for their 14 day free trial to watch the 4th. 5th episode is simulcast

chengher87
11-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Over Drive is another cycling anime. I went about 5 episodes deep and just couldn't really into it. Tries to mix comedy with cycling, but isn't quite as funny as Yowamushi Pedal. A few things from Y. Pedal:

No anime club at a Japanese school?! That situation just doesn't exist...ever

The Ace of the cycling club rides a.....Trek?!

No mechanic ever adjusts a seatpost for free. If it were my LBS they would have adjusted the seatpost and then held the bike for ransom until I paid for the service.

Was that Lance Armstrong pedaling at 130 RPM?

The cycling portion is hilarious, kind of like Initial D (or the Lucky Star parody) where the guy driving starts to drift and then the video pans slowly on how precise the drifting is. Similarly, the unbearably long focus on a gasp.....front derailleur was pretty entertaining. As was the thinking that somehow high end bikes can lock on to slower bikes to make them faster (rather than drafting). Now that was pretty funny. I actually can't wait till he gets on a real road bike.

bloody sunday
11-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Over Drive is another cycling anime. I went about 5 episodes deep and just couldn't really into it. Tries to mix comedy with cycling, but isn't quite as funny as Yowamushi Pedal. A few things from Y. Pedal:

No anime club at a Japanese school?! That situation just doesn't exist...ever

The Ace of the cycling club rides a.....Trek?!

No mechanic ever adjusts a seatpost for free. If it were my LBS they would have adjusted the seatpost and then held the bike for ransom until I paid for the service.

Was that Lance Armstrong pedaling at 130 RPM?

The cycling portion is hilarious, kind of like Initial D (or the Lucky Star parody) where the guy driving starts to drift and then the video pans slowly on how precise the drifting is. Similarly, the unbearably long focus on a gasp.....front derailleur was pretty entertaining. As was the thinking that somehow high end bikes can lock on to slower bikes to make them faster (rather than drafting). Now that was pretty funny. I actually can't wait till he gets on a real road bike.

There are many funny things about Y Pedal, and you named a couple of them. i'm definitely looking forward to the other episodes. I will check out the one you mentioned, too. Is it on Crunchy roll?

chengher87
11-02-2013, 11:57 PM
There are many funny things about Y Pedal, and you named a couple of them. i'm definitely looking forward to the other episodes. I will check out the one you mentioned, too. Is it on Crunchy roll?

I believe it is, although I am not entirely sure. I usually use AniLinkz on some of the more obscure anime that might not be popular enough to stream on larger Anime aggregate websites.

http://anilinkz.com/over-drive-episode-1

I may actually try and watch more episodes since I'll have to wait until Tuesday to watched a subbed version of y. Pedal's latest episode and now have the cycling anime bug.

ultraman6970
11-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Never heard about over drive, will check that one out... looks more like a darn drama... 2007 and stuff.

For some reason is like the seasons, some years everybody was doing just drama stuff, other years are great for anime

Gat64
11-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Here's the manga version of Yowamushi Pedal: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/yowamushi_pedal/

And they are all translated.

You can thank my manga crazed daughter for this info....

tuxbailey
01-13-2022, 11:00 AM
Bumping this old thread because the anime Yowamushi Pedal is available in Netflix.

Watched the first three episode and it was actually decent. Funny, no fan service, and in the first three episodes it already explained importance of saddle height, cadence and gear ratios.

Pretty good and fun way to introduce younger kids to cycling/racing concepts.

72gmc
01-13-2022, 11:59 AM
Related--the instagram account Niigata0252 regularly features scans of old cycling catalogues and other print materials with manga and other illustrated characters doing bicycling-related things. Fun stuff to look at, and inspiring for doodlers.

il Mascalzone
01-14-2022, 04:22 AM
I've been wanting to watch this for ages, there was write up I came across about a year ago that opened my eyes to it

https://www.lavelocita.cc/guides-page/yowamushi-pedal-the-cycling-anime-you-need-to-see?rq=Pedal

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

Gwerziou
01-15-2022, 11:24 AM
There’s this cycling-oriented manga that’s really well drawn; ‘Wind Breaker’: https://readmanganato.com/manga-ab951884

benb
01-15-2022, 04:42 PM
The animated Disney show Phineas and Ferb had a really cute/positive episode that my son was watching recently. All the kids in the show get obsessed with cycling and they have a race and montage and song and there’s a bizarre and hilarious cameo with animated Greg Lemond giving pep talks.