PDA

View Full Version : iJ.shaqUno?

jpw
10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
http://www.assos.com/en/19/singleProduct.aspx?cat=6,19,26&prod=512

has anyone here seen this jacket up close, touched it, tried it on, or ridden with it on? i know the weather is generally not yet down to its temp range, but if you've come across it i'd be interested to read what you think of it.

Thanks, Jason.

fiamme red
10-29-2013, 02:44 PM
KEY FEATURES
_ Strong little warrior! :confused:
_ "Welcome, thank you" retail price point :rolleyes:
_ Extended climaRange
_ TWO in ONE: Cozy contouring layer next to body, protective shell outside
_ Natural air-chamber body-heat-regulating system

FlashUNC
10-29-2013, 02:49 PM
And people mock Rapha's copy....

The design is interesting. I like the idea of not having to wear a ton of layers.

jpw
10-29-2013, 03:10 PM
And people mock Rapha's copy....

The design is interesting. I like the idea of not having to wear a ton of layers.

Michelin Man has never been my favorite dress code.

RonW87
10-29-2013, 04:04 PM
I tried one on last weekend. A size large was perfect for my tall (6'3") skinny (163lbs) body with a nice tight Assos "riding-position" fit. Sleeves were even long enough for me. As for the material(s), think thin fleece-type material as an inner layer covered by windshell type material, but the outside layer still has a little stretch to it.

HenryA
10-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Don't know about the jacket, but I think they hired a Chinese/Nigerian translator for the copy. Or they're really off their meds.

jpw
10-30-2013, 06:28 AM
I tried one on last weekend. A size large was perfect for my tall (6'3") skinny (163lbs) body with a nice tight Assos "riding-position" fit. Sleeves were even long enough for me. As for the material(s), think thin fleece-type material as an inner layer covered by windshell type material, but the outside layer still has a little stretch to it.

Can you confirm that there are no zippered pockets in back, just three open pockets?

Did you gain the impression that Assos cut corners to get the price down?

FlashUNC
10-30-2013, 06:56 AM

Can you confirm that there are no zippered pockets in back, just three open pockets?

Don't you mean "Welcome, thank you" pricing?

jpw
10-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Don't you mean "Welcome, thank you" pricing?

well, maybe, but i don't think Assos does 'loss leader' pricing on anything. I buy because i'm in Europe and it's easy for me to send things back to Assos for repair (zippers, tears, et.c.). I also buy because i can't be bothered getting to know the sizing and functional performance of other brands. I could try Castelli (the Gabba interests me), and one or two other Italian brands, but until Assos fails me i don't think i will.

goonster
10-30-2013, 07:07 AM
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00367/5196366_kraftwerk_367945b.jpg

FlashUNC
10-30-2013, 07:36 AM
well, maybe, but i don't think Assos does 'loss leader' pricing on anything. I buy because i'm in Europe and it's easy for me to send things back to Assos for repair (zippers, tears, et.c.). I also buy because i can't be bothered getting to know the sizing and functional performance of other brands. I could try Castelli (the Gabba interests me), and one or two other Italian brands, but until Assos fails me i don't think i will.

My post was tongue-in-cheek, but that's totally fair. Assos has made most of the nicest bits of kit I own. (The ss.13 is my go-to summer jersey, and have a hard time imagining how they're going to improve on that design. Their short finger gloves are phenomenal.)

RonW87
10-30-2013, 07:38 AM
I believe that's right, three open pockets. As for cutting corners, it seemed fine to me but I don't have any other Assos stuff to compare it to.

Ahneida Ride
10-30-2013, 08:41 AM
www.foxwear.net