PDA

View Full Version : Who has bought a new Serotta recently?

dgauthier
10-29-2013, 09:14 AM
I was just wondering if anyone here has taken the plunge and bought a new Serotta since Ben left the company. Anyone? Beuller?

Pete Mckeon
10-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Same quaity and detail are there as before. Promise you a red wine if you get it from Mike at Cycesportonline.com and have problem. IT WILL BE ADDRESSED.

If Serotta is what you want Scott Houck, and team are good and I have complete confidence in them. Pete:):banana::)

herb5998
10-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Placed an order for a Pronto shortly after Ben left, even though I had been deciding between a couple different builders, I still went with Serotta. Frame should arrive tomorrow and I was able to get custom paint for a reasonable price. Experience with the customer service people has been great, no complaints.

happycampyer
10-30-2013, 03:32 AM
Right after Ben and Bill were let go and Serotta stopped taking new orders, I wanted to place an order a Legend, but at the time they were only completing existing orders and refinish work, and warranty repairs. They still had a few Prontos left from the the original run (with two in my size), so I bought one—more out of curiosity how it compares to the RSL than anything else. Personally, I wouldn't want to own a bike like the RSL or the Pronto as my only bike because they are overbuilt for me, but they are fun to ride on occasion for certain types of rides.

Several weeks later I got word that they had hired back a number of the employees that had been let go and were taking orders again. I ordered a Legend, which arrived about four weeks later. I'm anxious to build it up and ride it, but haven't had the time.

happycampyer
10-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Same quaity and detail are there as before. Promise you a red wine if you get it from Mike at Cycesportonline.com and have problem. IT WILL BE ADDRESSED.

If Serotta is what you want Scott Houck, and team are good and I have complete confidence in them. Pete:):banana::)Pete,

It's Hock, not Houck! You must have something else on your mind besides red! ;)

I guess Signature doesn't count for your offer...

David Kirk
10-30-2013, 08:46 AM
I apologize for my ignorance on this but...............can one buy a bike with 'Serotta' on the downtube? Obviously one can buy a bike with 'Saratoga' on the downtube but I wonder if you can also get a Serotta branded bike.

Does anyone know for sure?

Dave

FlashUNC
10-30-2013, 08:49 AM
I apologize for my ignorance on this but...............can one buy a bike with 'Serotta' on the downtube? Obviously one can buy a bike with 'Saratoga' on the downtube but I wonder if you can also get a Serotta branded bike.

Dave

that seems to be what's up in the air right now with DCG and Bradway and all the IP stuff.

laupsi
10-30-2013, 09:03 AM
yes through Signature Cycles.

bicycletricycle
10-30-2013, 09:25 AM
that is a lot of titanium!

Right after Ben and Bill were let go and Serotta stopped taking new orders, I wanted to place an order a Legend, but at the time they were only completing existing orders and refinish work, and warranty repairs. They still had a few Prontos left from the the original run (with two in my size), so I bought one—more out of curiosity how it compares to the RSL than anything else. Personally, I wouldn't want to own a bike like the RSL or the Pronto as my only bike because they are overbuilt for me, but they are fun to ride on occasion for certain types of rides.

Several weeks later I got word that they had hired back a number of the employees that had been let go and were taking orders again. I ordered a Legend, which arrived about four weeks later. I'm anxious to build it up and ride it, but haven't had the time.

happycampyer
10-30-2013, 10:03 AM

Dave
I think they said somewhere that they would build Serottas qua Serottas through the end of the year, although the models are limited. Since there's no longer an immediate source for tapered carbon etc. that Mike Lopez produced, they can only build bikes made of carbon (MeiVicis) or that incorporate carbon (Ottrotts) based on tubing in inventory. Honestly, I think their main focus is on the new SF models—a ti race bike that is very similar to the Pronto but with an Enve fork, a ti 'cross bike and (finally!) a steel 'cross bike—as well as contract frames.

Climb01742
10-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Right after Ben and Bill were let go and Serotta stopped taking new orders, I wanted to place an order a Legend, but at the time they were only completing existing orders and refinish work, and warranty repairs. They still had a few Prontos left from the the original run (with two in my size), so I bought one—more out of curiosity how it compares to the RSL than anything else. Personally, I wouldn't want to own a bike like the RSL or the Pronto as my only bike because they are overbuilt for me, but they are fun to ride on occasion.

hc, is there one of your bikes that's your most often ridden? One you'd never part with? Thanks.

laupsi
10-30-2013, 11:42 AM
hc, is there one of your bikes that's your most often ridden? One you'd never part with? Thanks.

you should know, you have an Ottrott. :)

herb5998
10-31-2013, 08:02 PM
They are still making Serottas through the end of the year. I my custom paint Pronto Arrived today, absolutely beautiful. It does have an ENVE fork due to the composites factory shutting down, but to be honest, I feel the transition from HT to Fork is better look with the ENVE fork compared to the S5.

pbarry
10-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Well done, Herb! Post images when you get her built up. :hello: