PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Give a review of a Speedvagen CX bike?

krismac23
10-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Yo! So I have the green light to choose get a custom frame next year. I've been doing some research and Couldn't really come up with any review of a speedvagen cx. Some awesome Road review's but I was wondering if anyone could compare a Speedvagen cx with another CX bike. Still doing research until Xmas. Thanks for any help!

thenewguy11
10-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I have a 2011 SV CX with a SM paint scheme which took some getting used to, but which I like quite a bit now. I haven't ridden another CX bike since my Hot Tubes frame back in 1998 so its tough to make comparisons, but I can say that it tracks awesome and handles well despite my lack of skill. In general its just a really fun bike to ride. A couple of details I think make the bike stand out are the front brake routed through the stem and the rear brake routed through the seat mast. It makes for a clean looking bike.

RedRider
10-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Are they doing custom Speedvagens? I always thought they were stock geometry...

Chris
10-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Are they doing custom Speedvagens? I always thought they were stock geometry...

Speedvagens have a custom option. My road vagen is custom.

krismac23
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Yea, I'm looking into custom and I guess I'm just trying to convene myself to put the deposit down. The Portland fitting with Sasha really appeals to me and I'm a huge fan in general. I really want a vanilla road bike one day also but we all like to dream right?:p

krismac23
11-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone had any reviews now that cx season is coming to a close. I know some of you out there would love to rave about your cx speedvagens. Lets hear it.