PDA

View Full Version : a worthwhile cause to consider

one60
10-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Today while riding in Seattle, I stopped to help some fellow cyclists get a photo. Turns out they were visiting from El Paso. After a few minutes of discussion, they mentioned a friend who was taking on a major cycling challenge, riding nearly 700 miles from El Paso to Austin.

Carlos Gutierrez, will be completing this ride as a double amputee with prosthetics. As a business owner in Mexico in 2011, unable to pay protection money, Carlos had his feet chopped off by cartel members. Now exiled in America, Carlos is hoping to raise awareness of the plight of Mexicans seeking asylum in the US.

While this forum is not a place for politics, I wanted to do what I could to raise awareness. Please take a look at his site pedalingforjustice.org & consider supporting his cause.

ultraman6970
10-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Who knows when mexicans will be able to fix that problem, im really moved for what happened to this guy, really non sense when people try to earn a living honestly.

Kind'a worked for a mexican politician like for 2 or 3 days back 2000 ish when bush won and my vision in those 2 or 3 days was that the system is pretty f...up! Besides what i saw and perceived from him as a person, for example there was a ball from what of the parties and remember the owner of a chain of restaurants said he was not going to the ball if he was not going to arrive in a limo and a bunch of stuff like that, just insane. Teachers and the school system w/o a single dime and them acting like child for a simple car to arrive to the ball, some people really lives in another planet. Sorry this was longer than expected.