PDA

View Full Version : Frame alignment in Los Angeles?

cinema
10-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Does anybody have any recommendations for where to go (steel)? would rather keep this original fork not trawl the internet for a new one. on the west side

KJMUNC
10-27-2013, 01:01 PM
I'd suggest a couple of places depending on where you are in the area:

I. Martin Cycles if you're close to the West Side/Hollywood. They have some pretty competent mechanics and although I've never had a frame aligned there I have to believe they'd be capable or have a recommendation of who is.

Bill Ron in Redondo: If you can figure out when he's your best option for the Southbay/Beach Cities. Same disclaimer as above.....he's a legendary mechanic with predilection for steel and track frames.

Velo Pasadena: If you're up north there's no better shop.

Hope that's helpful and let us know what worked out best for you!

cinema
10-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Bill Ron looks like the real deal! I will call the guys at I Martin and see, although I didn't think they did frame alignment they are just down the block from me so I'll see what they can do. Thanks for the tips!

false_Aest
10-27-2013, 01:58 PM
MicroWatt works at I. Martin.

Ryan and Milton (Maestro) are both awesome mechanics. Ryan can be a grump and is allergic to wheat/sugar etc. Bribing him with beer and donuts is a no-go but if you walk across the street to King's Road cafe and buy him an order of bacon he'll love ya. Seriously.

I would, however, contact, Eric Zimmerman (ZimmermanBicycle) on V-Salon. He's an all around awesome dude who is between Culver City and I. Martin.

One could also contact Moth Attack and Townshend bicycles.

cinema
10-27-2013, 03:10 PM
MicroWatt works at I. Martin.

Ryan and Milton (Maestro) are both awesome mechanics. Ryan can be a grump and is allergic to wheat/sugar etc. Bribing him with beer and donuts is a no-go but if you walk across the street to King's Road cafe and buy him an order of bacon he'll love ya. Seriously.

I would, however, contact, Eric Zimmerman (ZimmermanBicycle) on V-Salon. He's an all around awesome dude who is between Culver City and I. Martin.

One could also contact Moth Attack and Townshend bicycles.

I like the mechs at I Martin and will give them a ring this week to see if they do adjustment. Thanks!