PDA

View Full Version : Ah, all you eBay cynics...

thwart
10-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Hello, I'm issuing you a refund since shipping came out to only be $12.07. Honestly, I don't know how eBay calculates their shipping costs, lol. Thank you for your purchase and i hope you enjoy the rims, cheers!

Yeah, it can be a screwy place. But, still.

BTW, amount refunded was $18.

avalonracing
10-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Hello, I'm issuing you a refund since shipping came out to only be $12.07. Honestly, I don't know how eBay calculates their shipping costs, lol. Thank you for your purchase and i hope you enjoy the rims, cheers!

I've had some great transactions on ebay. I've gotten some great bicycle deals and even sold a motorcycle out of state. Strangely the only issues that I've had with sellers have been over small, inexpensive items.

Ssalmon
10-25-2013, 07:45 PM
I had someone give me more money because the deraileur I sold them was "in much better condition then I described." It really made my day.

jtakeda
10-25-2013, 07:58 PM
eBay is mostly good experiences or else it would've failed a long time ago.

Ralph
10-25-2013, 08:11 PM
eBay is mostly good experiences or else it would've failed a long time ago.

Agree.

rounder
10-25-2013, 09:40 PM
First item I ever bought from ebay was a Serotta ciii. No one else even bid on the thing. It was carefully packed when it arrived and was gorgeous. I got inspired and started buying parts off ebay. For awhile, every week was like Christmas when the parts started arriving. One of the funnest things I ever did. I know that people sometimes have bad experiences. None here so far.

csm
10-25-2013, 09:56 PM
The people who have bad experiences squawk the loudest. And I think a lot of complaints are unfounded or due to a sense of entitlement on the buyer's part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eippo1
10-25-2013, 10:20 PM
I sold a set of wheels that the buyer thought weren't described correctly as in more miles than described, so I took 'em back and paid for shipping. Listed
'em again while they were on route to me. Sold them to someone else and had them on the road to the new person immediately and that was that. Probably the most hassle I've had on ebay. Not bad.

TimD
10-26-2013, 07:30 AM
Wore my latest purchase yesterday. Cannondale LE Carbon jacket, nearly new, MSRP $200, purchased for $60. Great item.

Lewis Moon
10-26-2013, 08:10 AM

I've done this. Really, shipping on Ebay is BS. I lose money there 90% of the time.

wildboar
10-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Nice, that makes up for the time the guy charged a ridiculous amount for shipping on an external USB floppy drive I really needed and when it arrived they came to the door demanding extra postage. I didn't even know they could do that. He had only spent about half what he charged and stuck a bunch of stamps on it instead of letting USPS calculate it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Vientomas
10-26-2013, 08:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24662263

As long as you are not buying a vehicle...

bewheels
10-26-2013, 11:43 AM
I know the article is/was posted for kicks, but a buddy of mine has bought a couple of cars off ebay. He buys them from official dealers that have them listed. No issues.

downtube
10-26-2013, 11:50 AM
I am not a big user of ebay but over the years i have probably bought 50 things and have never had a bad experience. Maybe i was just lucky, but I think it is a good way of buying things.
chuck

malcolm
10-26-2013, 12:07 PM
The people who have bad experiences squawk the loudest. And I think a lot of complaints are unfounded or due to a sense of entitlement on the buyer's part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is true everywhere. People are always more vocal over a bad experience. I try and make it a point to comment of good service when it happens and even take the time to send a letter or email when an employee or merchant goes out of their way.

R3awak3n
10-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I have had some really bad experienced on eBay and some really good ones. I use it a lot and have bought/sold/positive reviews 192.

I just bought some rollers and the seller really dropped the ball. Send them late, missing parts that he had to send later. Offered to refund $40 and didn't even though I have messages him 4 times. The rollers were missing parts that weren't in the picture but were essenssial and he said they were in perfect condition. Lucky cycleops is an awesome company and send me the parts free of charge.

With that in mind I have had many more good experiences than bad. Have had really good experiences selling stuff since I am honest and do my best to have a good transaction. I always refund shipping when it's much less than the buyer paid