PDA

View Full Version : So what are you riding the most?

CNY rider
10-20-2013, 06:57 AM
We're coming to the end of the typical riding season, at least for those of us in the north.
We all have some great bikes, and I wanted to see what people have been riding the most this year. What has been your "go-to", and what's spending more time in the garage than you anticipated?

Me first:
Most frequently ridden: My Mariposa randonneur. Ridden at least 3 and often 5 or more days a week mainly because I commute on it. Fenders, lights, racks, hbar bag, the whole shebang. Mostly ridden 15 miles a day. A bit heavy (OK, it weighs a ton) but a plush ride. Gets the most touches but not the most miles.

Serotta Ti gravel grinder comes in second. We ride a lot of dirt roads here and this one racks up all those miles. I seem to ride it the most in spring and fall.

Then the 3 road bikes which individually get less use because they are sharing the road miles:

Used the most this year: Serotta Legend. I did a little refurb last winter, with new hbars and stem, nice tubeless tires. I really enjoyed it this year. So stable and smooth.

Next: Goodrich steel. May not be ridden the most frequently but for anything over 50 miles this is the one I'm looking for. 700X29 GB Cerf and Mr. Goodrich's special sauce make this the bike of choice for distance riding. The small front rack and fenders compliment the rest of the bike perfectly.

Finally: Hampsten Giro 88. Disappointing year for this bike. I got it used last year, loved it so much I sent it for a re-spray. My big mistake: Took off worn out Michelin PR 2 700 X 25, wanted to try the GB Extra Leger but they were only available 700 X 23 at that time. So against my better judgement went 700 X 23. Nice tires but nothing that small is going to ride a like a supple, higher volume tire. So I didn't ride this one as much. I'm thinking I bite the bullet over the winter, eat the money I blew on the 700 X 23's, get some GB 700 X 29 on this thing and we live happily ever after.

So what have YOU been riding?

ultraman6970
10-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Barely ride but I mix the rides between the 2 bikes i have.

weisan
10-20-2013, 07:12 AM
That's easy. My one and only bike. Taylor. I used to have this "problem" when I was owning 3 or 4 or 6 or 9...oh well, you get the point. Now, as my sole dedicated ride, the Taylor gets to perform double or triple duties...as a road bike, it weighs a ton (21pounds naked) but according to last week's group ride, it dropped a Cannondale EVO, a Colnago C50 and a Ridley sum-thing can't remember, so it's more than up to the task as far as fast group rides goes...

Then as a gravel bike...it went to town at D2R2 this past September changing wardrobe to 35mm pasela tires.

And then it changes color with the Fall again, to fendered 30mm, for commuting and general purpose riding...

So....there you go, an all-season workhorse is the Taylor, and gets about 3000 miles in per year.

vav
10-20-2013, 07:40 AM
IF deluxe steel 26" MTB. Bought it in April and hooked me up.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3727/9527837282_c63231fa06_z.jpg

jr59
10-20-2013, 07:43 AM
My Ellis; It is simply the best riding bike I have ever owned.

Next would be my rando Spectrum Ti. But I really think that is b/c it's new. That and the rides on it are longer. Very nice bike, but.....see above!

Next, my Davidson tourer, I use this as a pure beater commuter. Even with the rohloff drive train I don't care for it. I think it's all the trouble I had getting it made by Davidson. I live mostly car free, and I use this as a truck, or whatever I need.

Next, my Bianchi, it's just fun to ride, ELOS and down tube shifters along with the chrome and celeste paint, brings back sweet thoughts to me.

Next, my Spectrum all rounder/race ti Spectrum, works and rides great, just doesn't seem to get ridden much.

Last, my Richard Sachs, I never/very rarely ride this bike. People rave about their RS bikes, and I had to try one. It's really good looking. In fact it looks good on my wall. I just don't care for the way it rides.

fuzzalow
10-20-2013, 08:39 AM
I have whittled down from having 7 bikes built up and ride-ready along with 3 more partially built. That was a few years ago and encumbered a state of mind that has since subsided. Now I am down to 3 and would like to get down to 2 as ride-ready and yet I still have closets full of stuff. Downsizing not for lack of interest but for space considerations and clutter.

Three bikes, in the order of most ridden to least ridden for this season:

Pegoretti Marcelo - this bike has always been like a test sled for me. I have cranked all manner of fit & position adjustment experiments on it (i.e. stem changes & saddle setbacks); tried 52/36 midsize compact cranks (IMO midsize is a very useful configuration) and it has now been pressed back into wearing a square taper BB so as to continue use of an old SRM wired power meter. This bike is an old friend.

Vanilla road - should be the garage queen but ends up just being one of the boys. Sasha White is a clairvoyant in having the insight to make real a true long 'n' low racebike geometry the fits perfectly even when I didn't know to ask for something this extreme during our interview back in 2011. This bike is lighter than a steel bike has a cause to be and I care nary a wit about weight. Superb bike, 2 seasons old with not a hint of infatuation and delusion simply because of its newness or the marque on the down tube. The bike is really that good.

Bruce Gordon road - the bike with the best road feel as it was bought for the purpose of running a steel fork. The tracking of that fork, the different way the vibe comes through the fingertips when riding it, the way the entire bike feels in sympathy with the resonant frequency set by that forks contact with the road. Much like how for a modern Formula1 racecar where the front wing assemblies establish airflow, pressure centers and balance to the rest of the car - a good steel fork does a similar leading impression to a steel bike.

BumbleBeeDave
10-20-2013, 09:07 AM
. . . it's the LOOK 585 and my Serotta Legend in pretty much equal parts this season. Haven't ridden my S-Works E5 much. The carbon 585 with Ksyrium ES and SRAM Red is 16lbs and super fast like an F1 car. The Serotta has SRAM Red, and either ZIPP 303's or Boyd 60mm carbons. It's more like an AMG Mercedes. Grand touring and heavier than the LOOK, but get it up to speed and it just keeps goin' . . .

I ride my Redline cross with Kenda slant sixes in the rain or on dirt. I've got a Langster but it's strictly chi-chi bike trail and coffee shop bike. Don't ride it much but it sure is stylee!

BBD

sales guy
10-20-2013, 09:11 AM
It's getting bad here but my time vxrs still mainly and then my organic 29er mountain bike occasionally.
After November 5th, a kestrel 200 ems. The time is going back to France for repairs-the bottom bracket issue.

oddsaabs
10-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Great question. If it's the bike I ride the most frequently, well that would be be the Kona Ute. It gets ridden nearly every day around town, to the grocery store, and to the soccer pitch. Always turns a few heads to see it coming down the street with my daughters cello sticking out of the big orange bag on the side.

The bike that gets the most miles right now is my custom Elephant National Forest Explorer http://www.elephantbikes.com/ . Glen Copus built this for me last year as an all-rounder and the man is a wizard. It's a chameleon really, rolls all day on long brevets, handles the gravel roads with panache, and fits me like a glove. Only wished it climbed a bit better, but that might have something to do with the heavy duty wheels (Velocity Dyads with discs) and 10 pound rando box up front.

The new kid on the block is a Time VXRS bought here from Steve in SLO. Amazing frame that just gets up and goes. I consider it cheating really. Nothing should be allowed to ride like this. My local crew knows their in trouble when I show up for the after work ride with the Time. Thanks Steve!

I've got another bike in gestation right now. An AluBoo purchased through Kickstarter is currently somewhere between Vietnam and Colorado. Hopefully it will appear at my door before the snow does. It's first incarnation will be a 1x11 road bike. An experiment to mess with over the winter in anticipation of the spring brevet season.

oliver1850
10-20-2013, 12:58 PM
I've been riding mixed surfaces all year, have only been on a bike with tires narrower than 35s a couple of times in months. Beater Trek 400 with SRAM 10 has gotten more miles this year than any other bike.

oldpotatoe
10-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Dry? Merckx MXLeader-Campagnolo late 80s C-Record, tubular s

Wet? Moots Vamoots-low end Campg, Phil stuff, clinchers.

Smooth roads, dirt roads, long rides, short rides, commuting, both, either.

Bruce K
10-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Road : Cannondale CAAD10

Cross: Cannondale Super-X

BK

buddybikes
10-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I am pleased with myself. 11 miles today - 9 days after knee surgery - no pain! Back on road bike - my new firefly.

Could do more, but PT is saying no pressure on that joint...

FlashUNC
10-20-2013, 01:30 PM
My Della Santa was supposed to be my nice Sunday bike. But I found myself strapping some Raceblades on it for a 3 hour rain ride yesterday. Easily the best steel bike I've ever ridden.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5323/9531035639_0bd0fe42c6_b.jpg

My MAX frame would be next, followed by my Time VXR. Both are fantastic bikes, but the Della Santa has been ruling the roost as of late.

Scooper
10-20-2013, 01:34 PM
1. Waterford RS-22. My go-to bike for almost all of my riding.

2. Chrome P15-9 Paramount. The bike I use for short fair weather casual rides in Golden Gate Park, Angel Island, and southern Marin County.

Lionel
10-20-2013, 01:43 PM
This year my top 2 riding bikes are my Sachs and my Crumpton, by the end of the year they will have about the same yearly mileage.

The Marcelo is too new to make an impact this year.

Distant third place for my Strong XCr (because it is in the US).

rccardr
10-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Once again this year, my '87 Tempo with Shimano 105 and Cane Creek Volos XL's with Vittoria Open Corsas. Fast, smooth, comfy. Multiple centuries, fast club rides, Got-an-hour-let's-get-some-miles-in rides, the works. Seems like every year I ride a Tempo the most. This one's black, but they all ride the same.

Second would be my red 85 Merckx Professional. If it had braze ons for two bottles instead of just one, it would see more hot weather centuries.

Bob Ross
10-20-2013, 02:20 PM
We're coming to the end of the typical riding season, at least for those of us in the north.

Huh? I don't know how far north Hartwick NY is, but here in New York NY there's still at least three more months of good riding...and arguably, the season never ends, you just have to wear more layers.

So what have YOU been riding?

Notwithstanding the past three weeks, when I've been off the bike with a broken scapula and six broken ribs due to an annoying crash, my year to date breaks down as follows:

~2,500 miles on the 2010 custom Strong road bike (S&S coupled)
~1,600 miles on the 2006 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 2 road bike
~1,100 miles on the 1985 Bridgestone 600 fendered road bike (my foul weather/commuter)

sparky33
10-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Easy. My Kirk. This bike makes me happy. So glad to have it back from the Fedex lost and found. It's making the choice to get rid of another bike easy.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/ugadyse8.jpg
and the wood looks good this year, no?

jr59
10-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Notwithstanding the past three weeks, when I've been off the bike with a broken scapula and six broken ribs due to an annoying crash, my year to date breaks down as follows:

~2,500 miles on the 2010 custom Strong road bike (S&S coupled)
~1,600 miles on the 2006 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 2 road bike
~1,100 miles on the 1985 Bridgestone 600 fendered road bike (my foul weather/commuter)

Bob, I hope you heal faster than I am. I had/have the same injury. July3 last year. Still no where near 100%. I hope and pray you heal quickly!

terry
10-20-2013, 02:44 PM
After reading this thread I thought it would be a good time to check.
Meivici-2300
Legend-2200
Denny-1500 (my rain) bike
Plus a few hundred on my first made-to-measure, a Peter Mooney (circa1980).

parris
10-20-2013, 03:00 PM
my Kirk is what I'm on easily 90% of the time. If I have a very hill focused ride I'll get on my RB-1 simply due to the gearing although that may be changing a bit as I'm putting my Club Special back together.

CNY rider
10-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Huh? I don't know how far north Hartwick NY is, but here in New York NY there's still at least three more months of good riding.

Far enough north that we devote all our attention to deer slaying starting mid-November.
And then hopefully transition smoothly to cros country ski season thereafter.:)

mike p
10-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Dry: Serotta Classique
Wet: Giordana steel
Both bikes have a mix of DA and Ultegra and both have DT shifters.

Mike

Pete Mckeon
10-20-2013, 04:15 PM
ON trip where I can not drive but fly go with a unpainted Ti that I have had for many years. ultegra triple

for hilly rides the Z5 Parlee is wonderful with sram force wi

for relaxing fall rides the BOXSTER;)

weehastogopee
10-20-2013, 04:18 PM
I ride my Mercier Kilo TT the most......It's the bike I'm able to lock up without worrying too much

xeladragon
10-20-2013, 05:10 PM
I should probably be riding the IF or Hampsten the most but... the CAAD10 is dressed with the best group and wheels I have so... the CAAD wins [for this year at least].

nomdutilisateur
10-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Moots Psychlo-X
Serotta Nova Special X

I guess I like bikes that have an X in the name of the model.

sparky33
10-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Far enough north that we devote all our attention to deer slaying starting mid-November.
And then hopefully transition smoothly to cros country ski season thereafter.:)

How do I get there?

Ken Robb
10-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Rivendell Allrounder w/700x35mm tires.

AngryScientist
10-20-2013, 06:26 PM
my new geekhouse got the most miles this year, hands down. different wheelsets with different tire widths and this bike seems to be good at everything.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XBaQWycDVm0/UgmM5wKWXsI/AAAAAAAABYM/gfOIeJYoqXI/s640/DSCN0028.JPG

sjbraun
10-20-2013, 06:35 PM
I thought my riding was pretty evenly split between the Peg Marcelo and my Look 585, but numbers don't lie, I've been riding the Pegoretti more.

Don't get me wrong, the Look is a fantastic bike, maybe the mileage difference is because I've been commuting on the Marcelo lately.

Here's a tip: if you want to make commuting more fun, ride one of your nice bikes. Since taking a break from my tankish fixed gear Waterford commuter, I'm really enjoying my morning and afternoon rides.

Not sure what I'll ride most once the Hampsten arrives.

-Steve

john903
10-20-2013, 06:38 PM
This year it has been my Curtlo cross convertible(fixed/ss/1x10) set up as 1x10 from March until November then it is back to fixed gear mode.

Next is my Hampsten Cinghale which was in storage most of the year, but whenever I do ride it wow that bike is just sublime, or intuitive, you know what I mean when a bike just disappears under you and you just enjoy the ride.

Have a great day and enjoy your fall.

tuscanyswe
10-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Moots compact. Not even getting a new bike seem to stop me for long before i grab this again. Its such an awesome bike for me.

rustychisel
10-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Fixed - 75% of my riding - Super Elliot in Reynolds 531 steel with handbuilt 36 x wheels and 48 x 18.

Geared - the other 25% - Teschner SC9000 with Campagnolo 10sp and Ksyrium SSC-SL

The only 2 bikes I have built up which I'm happy with at present

rwsaunders
10-20-2013, 07:57 PM
If it wasn't raining like hell, my Serotta Legend Ti with DA 7700 9 speed...old technology I know, but it just runs. I also started using a new wheelset (DA 7900/Nemesis/25mm Conti Competitions) earlier in the season and they truly compliment the overall performance of the bike.

JAGI410
10-20-2013, 08:11 PM
My trusty Surly Troll. It's built for being locked up on the bike rack and getting beat up. Once all the wet leaves go away, I might get a few more miles in on my Romic, but chances are it'll go from wet leaves to snow...which means the Fatback and Troll will be the winter warriors.

bargainguy
10-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Crown Jewel in steel. Recently swapped the pictured Open Pro/7700 wheels for Rolf Vector Pros and was really surprised, the Rolfs just blow those away.

thegunner
the moots vamoots gets 90% of my riding. if it's raining outside, i'll grab the ridley, but i don't enjoy it nearly as much.

duke
Calfee Dragonfly with 202's gets the nod pretty much all the time now. Langster with platform pedals for riding the beach road in flip flops.

thwart
10-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Lately this one has been getting miles.

The back end is a little soft with sprinting, but it seems to climb most everything around here with a smaller cassette than my other favorites... not sure how it manages that... :banana:

PaMtbRider
10-20-2013, 08:21 PM
My time has been pretty evenly split this year between my Serotta Ottrott with 2522 and my Co-Motion Nor'Wester S&S with 2336 miles. Lately though I have been spending the majority of my time beating the crap out of my Salsa Casseroll on dirt road rides. 30 some miles on it today, and 30 more planned for tomorrow morning. I love this time of year for country dirt road riding. Sadly the Turner Sultan mountain bike has seen little love this year and only has a few rides totaling 35 miles.

efuentes
10-20-2013, 08:28 PM
As much as I try to put road miles in my Colnago CT1 or trail miles in my Soma Bside, I mostly end up riding my dropbar Rawland Dsogn either with 700x40s or with 650b x 52. Sadly my Colnago Mexico dont get the attention it deserves.

Marz
10-20-2013, 08:52 PM
I thought my riding was pretty evenly split between the Peg Marcelo and my Look 585, but numbers don't lie, I've been riding the Pegoretti more.

Don't get me wrong, the Look is a fantastic bike, maybe the mileage difference is because I've been commuting on the Marcelo lately.

Here's a tip: if you want to make commuting more fun, ride one of your nice bikes. Since taking a break from my tankish fixed gear Waterford commuter, I'm really enjoying my morning and afternoon rides.

Not sure what I'll ride most once the Hampsten arrives.

-Steve

Sorry to go 'off pista' for a second. I had both Peg and Look and sold the Look because it felt very similar to Marcelo. And Marcelo is classic so decided to keep it over 585.

What's your experience?

gomango
10-20-2013, 09:01 PM
On road-Chris Kvale

Off road- a three way tie between my Merckx Alu Cross, my Salsa La Cruz and my Salsa Fargo.

If someone said I could only have one road bike and one off road bike, the on road would be easy.

Off road would be very difficult at this point, as they are all a major hoot to ride.

gomango
10-20-2013, 09:03 PM
my new geekhouse got the most miles this year, hands down. different wheelsets with different tire widths and this bike seems to be good at everything.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XBaQWycDVm0/UgmM5wKWXsI/AAAAAAAABYM/gfOIeJYoqXI/s640/DSCN0028.JPG

Now that's a hot bike.

I'd love to ride one someday.

texbike
10-20-2013, 09:59 PM
So far this year it's been about 50% Vamoots, 30% C40, and 20% misc.

Texbike

christian
10-20-2013, 10:06 PM
On the road, it's been 80% Colnago Extreme Power.

Jack Brunk
10-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Right at 5000 miles for the year in the dirt on my 29ers. 80% on the Firefly, 15% on the Mootry SS and the rest on the Blacksheep. Also at 140 miles on the Colorado III via the tarmac.

KidWok
10-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Obliged to ride my Co-Motion Nor-Wester most of the time since I lead training rides for work...not that I mind:
http://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1384235_10202183499936945_177623968_n.jpg

When I get out for my own rides, I rotate evenly between four garage princesses: A Merckx Professional, Colnago Master X Light, Colnago Oval Master, and Look KG 481SL. My favorite of the bunch is the Merckx in SLX with Chorus 9spd. So smooth and quiet:
http://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1378620_10202136650285733_594315532_n.jpg

Heading into the wet time of year, I'll likely be spending more time on the Seven Alaris SG I picked up from the forum awhile ago.
http://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1381697_10202211813844775_625383772_n.jpg

Tai

OtayBW
10-20-2013, 10:18 PM
BMC SC01:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/zelmo_2006/BMC_sf0009-1-1.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/zelmo_2006/media/BMC_sf0009-1-1.jpg.html)

Also:
Serotta Legend Ti, and
IF Club Racer

Bob Ross
10-21-2013, 05:20 AM
Bob, I hope you heal faster than I am. I had/have the same injury. July3 last year. Still no where near 100%.

Ugh... I didn't need to hear that. :eek:

But thanks.

savine
10-21-2013, 05:53 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f0wTj6ZOrZY/Ul5teTPnvbI/AAAAAAAACSg/vFu6BL1QYiE/s640/20131015_183339.jpgi´ve ridden 80% of the year on either my Savine winter fixed or my Savine summer fixed. The other 20 has been split between my Savine geared bike or my work Merida Scultura carbon thing though this has been used only when been away at races with team and I have time to train before or after wrenching.

happycampyer
10-21-2013, 05:54 AM
I still ride my MeiVici 50% or more of the time—overall it's so much nicer than all my other bikes, I wonder why I keep them (or buy new ones). The Ottrott probably comes in second with 25% or so, and the rest of the time is more or less evenly split with the others (of the ones I've had for a year or more, Crumpton (just sold), Vamoots RSL, Sachs, Hampsten Strada Bianca ti). The Cyfac and Pronto are relatively new, so we'll see how much ride time they get over the next year. The Strada Bianca definitely gets more use in the winter. And the Legend arrived a while back, but I haven't built it up yet. It was built with the exact same geometry as the MeiVici and the tubing was spec'ed to be similar in terms of stiffness, etc., so that should be very interesting.

Tom
10-21-2013, 05:55 AM
Legend until it broke, CSi until I got the Legend back, Legend all the time because the CSi is being stripped down and sent out for frame rehab.

When the CSi gets back it's going to 11...

fuzzalow
10-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Notwithstanding the past three weeks, when I've been off the bike with a broken scapula and six broken ribs due to an annoying crash,

Yikes, the not so secret society in the Major Trauma fraternal order. I broke my scapula in June - airborne and pitched forwards about 190 landing square on the scapula. Clavicle and shoulder untouched.

In referring to a broken scapula & 6 ribs as an annoying crash, well I like your sense of understatement. Get well soon.

I had/have the same injury. July3 last year. Still no where near 100%.

Yeah, my shoulder still hurts at the extremities in range of motion. Messed up my topspin backhand in tennis as it hurts to generate velocity and finish high in the stroke. Hope this isn't a permanent legacy from a busted scapula.

OP please pardon the thread drift. Everybody, let's be careful out there.

Javaman
10-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Obliged to ride my Co-Motion Nor-Wester most of the time since I lead training rides for work...not that I mind:
http://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1384235_10202183499936945_177623968_n.jpg

I dig them colors! Who made the fork?

KidWok
10-22-2013, 12:33 AM
I dig them colors! Who made the fork?

The fork is also made by Co-Motion...it's their steel option. Figured this was a travel bike, so err on the side of durable.

Tai

Shortsocks
10-22-2013, 12:40 AM
I have a fork that looks exactly like that, same color as well. Came with my Toyo Godzilla track frame, made from Kaisei 022. 1 inch never cut it. Just sitting on my bookshelf. That's what I thought it was....I was about to ask.

Germany_chris
10-22-2013, 12:49 AM
I have a Trek Earl with cross tires I'm a big fan.

tv_vt
10-22-2013, 09:16 AM
About 2100 miles on Look 585,
about 1400 on Serotta Fierte IT,
roughly 500 miles on a new Hampsten Strata Bianca Ti S&S that arrived in mid-August,
and about 200 miles on an older Merckx ti used mainly in winter.

All are great bikes. Feel like a lucky guy to have these.

dyerwolf
10-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Like many of us here on Forum, I have privilege of having a handful of bikes. More bikes than time to ride them all/enough.
The Z5 has been the preferred ride of the year and probably has gotten the most miles when conidtions were ideal.
The Fierte IT is next in rotation with a comparable amount of annual miles.
The surprise for me has been my go to use of an unbranded carbon bike instead of my Ti Litespeed. I picked the frame up from a forumite in late spring and its filled a void of providing a ride with a "carbon feel" with me not having to care about weather/road conditions. It’s filled that role impeccably.:)

ninjaman
12-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Before the snow started, I was putting a few commuting miles on this guy: http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/ninjaninjaman/photo120.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/user/ninjaninjaman/media/photo120.jpg.html)Now, I tend to commute on this guy (w/ fenders):http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/ninjaninjaman/IMG_5343.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/user/ninjaninjaman/media/IMG_5343.jpg.html)
This year, I've probably spent most time on this guy:http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/ninjaninjaman/IMG_2087.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/user/ninjaninjaman/media/IMG_2087.jpg.html)
I tried to put some miles on this guy, but for some reason I just never seemed to get anywhere:http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/ninjaninjaman/IMG_5397.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/user/ninjaninjaman/media/IMG_5397.jpg.html)

beeatnik
12-17-2013, 02:37 AM
CAAD10. I mean it's a "crit" bike and you can nearly fit 30mm tires on the sucker.

soulspinner
12-17-2013, 04:15 AM
Cervelo with Campy eleven

Strong steel with Campy 10 (and fenders for crap weather)

Trainer duty (not yet this year:p) to a Tet with Campy 8 speed

Germany_chris
12-17-2013, 11:42 AM
I tried to put some miles on this guy, but for some reason I just never seemed to get anywhere:http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc191/ninjaninjaman/IMG_5397.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/user/ninjaninjaman/media/IMG_5397.jpg.html)

Someone's flexing their Ps skills

thunderworks
12-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Most miles on my Lynskey R330, but bought a NOS Cervelo R5 in July and have started to ride it more and more. . . an embarrassment of riches for sure.

sw3759
12-17-2013, 09:21 PM
been riding my trusty X0-1 post clavicle break since its comfy and sure footed every corner has lots of sand on it seems a week after the ice storm..and playing with different saddles and pedals and breaking in some new shoes as well.

Marcy
12-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Was deployed though most of the riding season, but when I returned in the fall took my Co-Motion Americano from D.C. to Pittsburgh and back self supported along the C&O canal trail, and GAP (Great Allegheny Passage).

Then commuted quite a bit on it until the weather got crappy here a couple weeks ago (50 mile round trip to the Pentagon, usually stagger that with using the Metro so I don't get burned out). So the Americano got a lot of miles this fall.

A few miles on a nice old Moots Psychlo-X YBB I rescued off Craigslist, and rebuilt -- guy had it set up as some sort of weird mtn bike thing, the horror. It continues to evolve, did a local cross race on it last month, so have some plans for changes the next few weeks...

Admiral Ackbar
12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
my old trek 2100, it is as old or older than myself, i think its a 1990 or 1991 (i am 22 y/o)

all OG 105 components minus R.Der (~2000 era 105), cranks ( truvativ single ring),brake pads & tires

bought it in very good condition, minus piss stains from PO who rode it in Tri events

unknown mileage, but this year but at least ~7.5k. i have an old cannondale caad but the trek blows it out of the water

fogrider
12-18-2013, 12:52 AM
I was logging most of my miles on a Ron Cooper I picked up about a year ago as a fixed gear. I finally got it up and running as a geared bike in September and was amazed how good the bike rode...it has been my go to bike until last month. I just stripped it down and it's going for a respray. as before, my go to bike is now a scandium rock lobster. I also keep a serotta legend ti at work for lunch time rides.

ninjaman
12-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Someone's flexing their Ps skills

Not so. In fact, I have none. This was a public sculpture in Manhattan's City Hall Park this summer/fall (might even still be there) by this artist from Poland:http://www.johannkoenig.de/56/alicja_kwade/biography.html