PDA

View Full Version : Dedacciai tubing question?

PeterW
01-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Can someone tell me the weight limit for a road frame in Dedacciai Zero?

I've ridden a Zero Uno bike and Zero bike from the same maker in similar geos and was surprised by the difference.

Zero (which as I understand it is the heat treated, lighter weight version of Zero Uno) felt springier, lighter, and more fun. Zero Uno was smoother and stiffer (as defined in recect thread re: smoothness).

Just looked at Dedacciai site. New names: EOM 16.5 and SAT 14.5. Same stuff? What is Less than Zero?

e-RICHIE
01-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Can someone tell me the weight limit for a road frame in Dedacciai Zero?

I've ridden a Zero Uno bike and Zero bike from the same maker in similar geos and was surprised by the difference.

Zero (which as I understand it is the heat treated, lighter weight version of Zero Uno) felt springier, lighter, and more fun. Zero Uno was smoother and stiffer (as defined in recect thread re: smoothness).

Just looked at Dedacciai site. New names: EOM 16.5 and SAT 14.5. Same stuff? What is Less than Zero?

I've used alot - alot - of Zero.
I have found there to be no limit wrt to
weight. It's not about avoirdupois, it's
about how you "throw it around". All the
'cross frames for at least the past 6 years
have been Zero.

Hey - thanks for reading.

Bittersweet
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
PeterW:

It had nothing to do with Zero being springier than Zero Uno. The Zero bike was ridden where there was elevation gain to had of more than 10'. As such you were more motivated, less bored, and YOU felt springier.

By the way you should be worried about wax combos for greater than 30k and not bikes at this point in the year. You'll never be fresh come April.

PeterW
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Bittersweet:

Wax combos are very much on my mind. I have the only waxing bench and iron in South Carolina, certainly. Got outside Swix thermometer with waxing zones for X-mas from wife. Great to know grip wax for hard snow at today's 76 degree temp. It is absurd, but I stare at it anyway.

Too right about flat land. It effen sucks to ride around all the time in the Lowcountry!

76 in January with mild breeze off the Atlantic sucks!

Bittersweet
01-12-2006, 12:20 PM
KR70 and you're going to really have to make sure there is good base structure or it will more than suck?

Maybe this is your answer.

http://www.nordicskiracer.com/training/2003/LifesaBeach.asp