PDA

View Full Version : Help please disc brake adapter A2Z AD PMR (found two) ADD?

clyde the point
10-18-2013, 04:49 PM
This piece allows you to run discs on theold 22mm Hayes std. Converting to Avids.
My 14 yr old is restless. I can't find one in stock anywhere. Anyone?
Many thanks
Clyde

tuscanyswe
10-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Bit more than youd like to spend perhaps with shippin an all but
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C0221-New-A2z-Adapter-AD-PMR-/181217051213?pt=US_Brakes&hash=item2a3160c24d

clyde the point
10-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah kinda spendy but at least it's there. That didn't show when I looked. Guess I'm not too savvy.
Thanks

clyde the point
10-21-2013, 08:55 AM
I ordered the one from the ebay link and then today my ADD set in and I re-googled the part. Of course it shows up in CA and I ordered it again, since I haven't received any confirmation from " eu-bikeshop" in CZ.

At the worst I get both and have one to resell or give to my local bike shop as I am sure the demand for these items is one in a million crazy guys like me. Thing of it is, the bike is a US made Schwinn Rocket 88 that works great. My wifes bike for 6 years now passed along to my 14 yr old.

I had to laugh when I discovered the cable Avid disc brakes I had purchased from chainlove were dated 2006. Aging peacefully in my garage.

I'm certain to be humiliated by said wife when two of these things show up on the credit card bill. Sometimes I wish they'd run your hand in the machine so you feel the pain of spending rather than just punching numbers and not seeing the bill till the end of the month....