PDA

View Full Version : Saturday April 17 th , Tax relief ride and guest visitor BBDave

Smiley
03-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes you all heard me correctly , BBDave aka BeeMan , Stinger will be down with the Merrylanders for a ride in the hood. BeeMan promises to bring the Queen Bee to show it off and hopefully he'll bring them racing Zebra stripes to wear. Calling all Merrylanders to show to this Grand occasion , this could surpass the Sandy / Calfee Kevan ride in scope and magnitude. Look for details on the " Ride Section of the Serotta Boards". Looks like we depart from Casa El-Captain to points beyond. Kevan how about it Big Guy is your love for Sandy not withstanding BBDave holding you back from making the trip South.
Its Cherry Blossom time in the Nations Capitol and BeeMan will look good against the back drop of pink cherry blooms with the Queen Bee !!!!

Tom
03-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I asked him if he wanted to ride yesterday and he told me no, he didn't want to get his bike dirty. I didn't realize he was saving it for something special.

He turned out to be right about yesterday and keeping the bike clean, however. I picked up heaps of sand on the thing and it was getting into rotating parts that weren't grinding and squeaking before I left but were when I got back. It's nice to have a halfway decent bike you don't mind abusing badly. We need a nice big rainstorm to clean off the roads but not until the ice jams get out of the Mohawk. On the loop today I looked across the river and saw two people standing at the waters edge. It looked like they were just a little bit uphill of their front door.

BumbleBeeDave
03-07-2004, 08:45 PM
. . . I promise a big slurpy kiss for you! And Sandy will wear his Norma Kamali gown!

BBDave :p

M_A_Martin
03-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Hmmm,
I could make a "grand loop" spring cycling vacation
Drop down to ride with the east-coasters on the 17th then wend my way down to GA to watch Lance ride in the US sometime during the Tour de Georgia?

Hmmmmm...

Kevin
03-08-2004, 05:06 AM
BBDave,

Why are you trying to scare Kevan away from the ride while everybody else is encouraging him to particpate?

Kevin

Sandy
03-08-2004, 06:31 AM
Smiley,

Are you sane? "Pass the Sandy/Calfee Kevan ride in scope and magnitude" No way. Absolutely, no way. The Sandy/Calfee Kevan ride is the standard to which all subsequent rides must try to reach, just like the CSi is the standard that all Serottas must try to reach.

The Sandy/Calfee Kevan ride was the first and the best. In a few years when your wonderful rides have grown to LEGENDARY proportions, you will realize that the thousands of cyclists participating owe their happiness to the two who started it all, Carbon Calfee Kevan and STill Serotta Sandy.

I admit that you had a wonderful group of riders that did rides from the Casa-El Captain prior to the real happening with K and S, but we will are what will be mentioned in future historical cycling books and movies.

Romeo and Juliet, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Anthony and Cleopatra, Marie and Pierre Curie, ..................
None compare to Kevan and Sandy! Never! Never!

The Perfect Couple,

K and S

Kevan
03-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Hmm.... very appealing, but now that I'm included...

I need to work out some details, like ask the Mrs if it would be okay to go out and play.

I temporarily lost access to my Bethesda living quarters. Any hard cold floors available? Maybe with access to a hose and towel out back?

Smiley
03-08-2004, 10:44 AM
for you and Keno should he decide to come too!

Serotta PETE
03-08-2004, 01:56 PM
If I can get Spokes to come, does anyone have "floor space" for "the man" and slow PETE???? I am back in Raleigh these days and am trying to get back into some type of shape.....Bill (aka SPOKES) pulled me around yesteday behind his ST.

THANKS Pete

BumbleBeeDave
03-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Exactly how is SPOKE pulling you around? I saw an ad a couple of years ago in a bike mag with a Postal guy training by pulling around a couch on casters with a couple of his teammates relaxing thereon . . . . is that what you mean? You on the couch in your underwear, munching cheez-whiz while scratching yourself and watching TV? :rolleyes:

BBDave :beer:

flydhest
03-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Pete,

You know full well that as long as I've got a home, you've got a place to stay.

Of course, I'm a bit short on the mortgage this month . . .

Seriously, both you and SPOKE are welcome to stay at our house.

Sandy
03-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Flydhest,

May I stay at your home for a few years, with fully catered buffet meals?

Still Slobbering Salivating Starving STill Serotta Sandy

Serotta PETE
03-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Flydhest, I will bring some new wine that I think we should try. (Will also bring the couch that SPOKES pulls me around on.)

We can have Sandy and Dave ride along on couch and then SANDY can use to it for the couple years he will be at your house.

THANKS>>>>>Will give you a call later in the week. PETE

Smiley
03-10-2004, 06:56 AM
see ride events section and mark your calenders . See you then , BBDave are you set with your hotel room.

BumbleBeeDave
03-10-2004, 07:11 AM
. . . I’m working on it! :crap:

How do I get myself INTO these things??? :confused:

BBDave

SPOKE
03-10-2004, 10:17 PM
DAMN! now i have to decide which bike to bring. Ducati, RC51, road king???? can't forget the couch either......it's my top secret training tool.