PDA

View Full Version : logan owen - young cross racer

weisan
10-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Coming from 53rd position on the seventh row at the start line...

“I was pretty shot when I got up there. If I can start from the front row, I think I can definitely be a contender for winning some of these future races,” he said.
Owen’s training netted him a “really great” sixth place...

He threw in his attack from the eighth wheel as the pace of the front group slowed. He’s unaware, and unconcerned, at how this aggressive posturing might sit within the establishment of the elite field.

“If they don’t like it they can just go harder and drop me,” he said with a laugh.

“I just try to come out and have fun and be nice to as many people as possible,” he said. “I don’t want to create any enemies racing my bike. The sport is to have fun; that’s my main goal, to embrace that and show that through my riding. I do like to have fun but you also have to ride hard — and that’s part of having fun.”

I think I like this 18-yr-old kid.

Elite rookie Owen turns heads in Boulder
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/10/news/elite-rookie-owen-turns-heads-in-boulder_305903

DerekG
10-16-2013, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure why this performance would be surprising to the media.
He has been destroying cx fields for many years.

gavingould
10-16-2013, 09:07 AM
he seems like a good kid. day after CX Worlds in Louisville we were on the same tour on Churchill Downs, chatted for a few minutes about his race, just off podium at 4th.

8x consecutive junior National champ? yeah, he's pretty good. He did 4th at jr Worlds on the road this year too.
U23 cx isn't really a thing here in the US, they just ride with the Pro field. looking forward to how he does in the U23 World Cup level races over in Europe this season, but i imagine Mathieu Van der Poel is likely to continue his dominance.