PDA

View Full Version : Demo Deals Legend

mdeeds71
01-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Is anyone familiar with the Legend DKS that is on the demo deals web site...Has odd specs but the TT is right for me at 59 but a 55 size with a 52 ST is got me thinking...Normal 73/73.5 angles but there is no HT size.

Does anyone know if it still for sale?

SoCalSteve
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Frame only
55 Legend DKS OS
1/2 Porsche Bebe, 1/2 Polish with white/gold decals
ST: 52 SA: 73 TT: 59 HA:73.5 TT Slope: 6 deg.
Serial #: C-TI-55-04511
Retail Price: $2516

This is an Hors Categorie....with oversized tubing.

The specs are not odd for a sloping top tube bike. 6 degree slope. I am not sure that a 55 would be so accurate.

Good luck!

Steve

ergott
01-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Frame only
55 Legend DKS OS
1/2 Porsche Bebe, 1/2 Polish with white/gold decals
ST: 52 SA: 73 TT: 59 HA:73.5 TT Slope: 6 deg.
Serial #: C-TI-55-04511
Retail Price: $2516

This is an Hors Categorie....with oversized tubing.

The specs are not odd for a sloping top tube bike. 6 degree slope. I am not sure that a 55 would be so accurate.

Good luck!

Steve

Is there any difference between the Ledgend DKS and a Hor Categorie besides the name? Ben his selling his Hor Cat on the same page so I was wondering if the two names are interchangeable.

SoCalSteve
01-10-2006, 09:28 PM
as far I as I know, the Legend DKS and the Hors Cat are the same....

The name change came when they introduced the Ottrott with 3 rear ends. DKS, ST and straight. Actually, I think they offered both (Legend and Ottrott)models all 3 ways....

Until they discontinued the DKS.

mdeeds71
01-21-2006, 01:28 AM
The Legend DKS as it was called on the web site arrived and it is new never built....the build sheet shows it as a 2003 legend DKS but it had the Hors Cat stickies on it...I am actually happy about that kind of goes with my Couer d'Acier script on my CDA...

I only saw it through a window since the shop was closed due to a late flight arrival but it was just begging me to crash it and run...well I need to wait...I need to locate a F2 for this rig....It was speced for the F2 so thus it will have one...preferably in clear that I could paint eventually.

As for the Hors...color did not look like the porsche bebe on the sheet...will get a better look tomarrow....

Now I have to grap my centaur off my repainted Colorado II in houston and get it here...now the decisions on stem/bars/seatpost...etc

Will get pics soon

Oh by the way will be selling a great repainted Frost White Colorado II 57 size that has less than 100 miles since the paint with steel fork and some parts i.e. headset/stem adapter/millenium stem/pro 180 bars

BarryG
01-21-2006, 05:43 AM
Is anyone familiar with the Legend DKS that is on the demo deals web site.
Where IS the demo deal Web site? I don't see the link to it any longer?

Kevin
01-21-2006, 06:26 AM
I only saw it through a window since the shop was closed due to a late flight arrival but it was just begging me to crash it and run...

I'll give you an alibi in exchange for allowing me to take it for a ride. ;)

Kevin

mdeeds71
01-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Web link go figure after I said I wanted it the link disappeared???

Serotta_James
01-21-2006, 05:54 PM
The Demo Deals section has been defunct for nearly a year now. I am puzzled that some of you can still see it on our website... Perhaps hitting the refresh button while on serotta.com would remedy this.

As you were.

James

rnhood
01-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I have a better idea James, perhaps you should "refresh" the website and put back the Demo Deals section. There was no reason to get rid of it in the first place. How do you expect us to get a deal now?