PDA

View Full Version : Custom Barrel Adjuster?

BumbleBeeDave
03-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Several years ago at the Pedro’s Fest I saw a Merlin road bike in the Mavic booth that had barrel adjusters on the downtube that looked like little skulls. Ever since then I have wanted some--a neat little chi-chi of the type that I love--and have been kicking myself for not tracking down the owner of that bike at the time and asking him where he got them. :crap:

Anyone else ever seen anything like this or can tell me where to get them? :confused: :confused: :confused:

BBDave

Rich_W
03-07-2004, 02:22 PM
hmmm... my brother is a goldsmith... I wonder if he could fabricate something like it in silver... hmmm

BumbleBeeDave
03-07-2004, 02:38 PM
. . . from several people who have said they were probably custom one-offs, and that may very well be true. The catch is finding someone who could do them in, what? --I guess it’s aluminum? Little mean bumble bees would be nice to go with my bike. I’m open to suggestions, but of course the easiest would be to find these were done by some manufacturer in quantity.

BBDave

Rich_W
03-07-2004, 03:26 PM
yeah... but one-of-a-kind mojos would be very trick.

jpw
03-07-2004, 03:53 PM
A parallel.

Someone on Ebay is selling (aren't they always) original/replica(?)
Ibis 'hand' rear brake cable stops. Perhaps you remember that nice desigh touch. A conversational ice breaker if ever there was one.

Ahneida Ride
03-07-2004, 07:41 PM
BBD,

Have you tried a Motorcycle ( Harley ) Shop ?

I've seen similar parts on Harleys.