PDA

View Full Version : Compex users?

nobrakes
01-09-2006, 10:05 PM
I've just acquired an Compex muscle stimulator, and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this product? I was in a bike crash last summer that left me with 1/2 leg strength in right leg, spasms, etc. from spinal cord damage. Trying to find a way to regain lost strength, and this unit seemed promising. The instructions and CD that came with are kind of vague, merely showing where to place the electrodes, but no descriptions of what it does. Lots of testimonies from the likes of Jerry Rice and Hermann Maier, though. It's kind of fun to play with, as it seems to have had a positive result when I used it on my wife's stiff neck. It can induce some serious muscle contractions when the power is turned up, but unsure if this is the way to go.

Too Tall
01-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Talk to the tech.s at E-Caps. They are very generous with knowledge and sell the product. It has a good rep. in the sports community esp. for workout recovery.

67-59
01-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Use it on your wife's stiff neck before trying it on yourself! ("But dear, I'm sure there's no risk at all.") :)

Seriously, good luck with your recovery.

nobrakes
01-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Use it on your wife's stiff neck before trying it on yourself! ("But dear, I'm sure there's no risk at all.") :)

Seriously, good luck with your recovery.

That does sound kind of funny, now that I re-read my post. I'd actually used it on myself first, and was bragging it up to her about how it reduced stiffness in my legs, after doing regular exercise routine with my trainer. Now the cat's out of the bag, and I have to share it.

beungood
06-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Talk to the tech.s at E-Caps. They are very generous with knowledge and sell the product. It has a good rep. in the sports community esp. for workout recovery.

What is E-Caps?

goonster
06-20-2015, 01:42 PM
What is E-Caps?

Hammer Nutrition. They used to have a retail portal with that name, and they still sell Compex today.

happycampyer
06-20-2015, 02:31 PM
I did a double-take when I saw Josh's post, and then I realized that this thread had been exhumed from 2006.