PDA

View Full Version : Mr Squirrel is alive in Texas

jlwdm
10-08-2013, 10:35 PM
This morning I was riding on a path in a park where there are lots of squirrels darting around, but they have never bothered me. Today I was riding on a section of path that has about 8 to 10 feet of mowed grass to the left and then there are trees and brush. Mr. Squirrel came darting out from my left and ran into my rear wheel.

It felt like the wheel was grinding the squirrel to bits, but I circled back and there was no sign of him. I did have to get my rear wheel trued.

Be careful out there.

Jeff

Saxon
10-09-2013, 12:41 AM
I was riding with my brother today and a pair of fighting squirrels darted right in to my brother's wheel. No chance of getting out of the way. Bad day for squirrels :(

Tony
10-09-2013, 09:04 AM
I was riding with my brother today and a pair of fighting squirrels darted right in to my brother's wheel. No chance of getting out of the way. Bad day for squirrels :(

We have way too many squirrels on the American river bike trail. I've been experimenting with different sounds to scare them off. So far a hiss sound seems to work best.
A week ago a coyote had a squirrel in its mouth as it trotted away from the bike trail, I smiled, wished we had more of them :)

redir
10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
There is a lot of them out this time of year in Virginia too. I saw one missing a leg the other day, it didn't stop him from carrying his nut to his hiding place. Bladed spokes the curse of all squirrels.