PDA

View Full Version : Saddle position

buddybikes
10-07-2013, 04:43 PM
I setup my new Firefly but noticed that I am sitting further back on the saddle, closer to the rear. The bike has a steeper seat-tube than my last on 73.5 vs 73. FF did recommend to reduce my reach by a cm or so. Perhaps I have been sitting too far forward all along? I use a terry fly saddle, normal setback.

For more info, my hip flexors are very stiff. I try continuously to loosen by stretching and roller, but just keeping from getting worse.

Just thinking if I should push saddle back a bit more (only 1.5 cm to go), try a different saddle (would SMP be option?) or relax and use current setup for many rides and see if I adjust.

I have found that their design has taken pressure off my hands.

MattTuck
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Is the new spot that you are sitting on your natural preference on that saddle?

It is possible that you were sliding forward on the previous bike because you were reaching too much and that was the way your body tried to shorten the reach...

Is it uncomfortable? Taking weight off the hands seems like a good thing, assuming it doesn't result in pain in the pants.

If this is where your fit suggested you put the saddle, I'd keep it there and ride it for a while. Are you trying to second guess it?

buddybikes
10-07-2013, 04:55 PM
>>>Is it uncomfortable?

No just a little different. Think I am a creature of habit, even perhaps if some things were bad habit.

ultraman6970
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM
If the new bike has a steeper angle it makes sense to me that the saddle is located further back. To keep the same seat back the saddle needs to be put further back.

The saddle back and the saddle height are the same in both bikes?