PDA

View Full Version : Serotta in disguise?

jpw
03-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Do Serotta only make for their own brand or do they make for other brands as well?

jpw
03-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Boing.

Rich_W
03-07-2004, 04:18 PM
and I believe they have made 'cloaked' bikes for some select champions. For some reason the name Pascal Herves sticks out... I could be totally off here... but I can't remember the exact details... anyone?

Its widely known that Serotta delivered the Team 7-11 bikes branded as Huffy.

Roy E. Munson
03-07-2004, 04:25 PM
I think Huffy made all the bikes you guys bought badged as Serotta

Rich_W
03-07-2004, 04:28 PM
and I believe they have made 'cloaked' bikes for some select champions. For some reason the name Pascal Herves sticks out... I could be totally off here... but I can't remember the exact details... anyone?

Its widely known that Serotta delivered the Team 7-11 bikes branded as Huffy.

jerk
03-07-2004, 05:29 PM
the jerk thinks you are thinking of pascal richard who won the olympic road race on a serotta titanium frame rebadged as something italian...the funny thing is richard had to wait the same 6 weeks for his frame as everyone else....no special treatment no special price...nothing. just a great bike that gave pascal the ride of his life...

jeffg
03-07-2004, 08:08 PM
... was on a Legend with an F-1 fork,. which was disguised as a Coppi.

The course, by the way, in Atlanta is still painted and is fun to ride.

Rich_W
03-08-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by jerk
the jerk thinks you are thinking of pascal richard who won the olympic road race on a serotta titanium frame rebadged as something italian...the funny thing is richard had to wait the same 6 weeks for his frame as everyone else....no special treatment no special price...nothing. just a great bike that gave pascal the ride of his life...

Whoops... wrong Pascal... yes... Pascal Richard... I wonder who did the cloak paint for him. I wonder if someone here could dig up a photo of that machine.

Rich_W
03-08-2004, 07:00 AM
bike is obscured... but I recognize the seatpost clamp

Rich_W
03-08-2004, 07:01 AM
another

Rich_W
03-08-2004, 07:03 AM
hmmm... looking at the second pic... the curves of the fork blades make me think Pascal was running a steel fork instead of an F1... anyone?

BumbleBeeDave
03-08-2004, 07:12 AM
. . . at our MS ride in Saratoga two years ago and this exact question came up about pros riding Serottas. Ben replied that he was pretty sure some pros do ride repainted Serottas, though he was honestly not sure which ones. The reason, he said, was that they had a European dealer (I think it was Dutch or Belgian) who ordered bare frames with different custom geometries--in other words, bare titanium with no decals or paint. He assumed they were for pros who then have them repainted in sponsor colors.

BBDave