PDA

View Full Version : EPX bicycles - anyone familiar?

fiataccompli
10-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Anyone familiar with EPX bikes? specifically the EPX 303. I gather from a quick Google that this is a carbon fiber frame that's produced as a Performance house brand, it's own brand and maybe a Kuota as well? I came across one that caught my eye as a nice collection of parts, but I'm curious whether they are actually hung on a decent frame as well. Anyone? (thanks in advance)

fiataccompli
10-08-2013, 01:06 PM
would this eyesore ring any bells on what these bikes are, any love for them, etc. etc.? From what I gather these were various branded lower cost carbon fiber bikes in the early 2000s. Sort of a shame to have such a perfect & well done paint & decal job for which the final product is, in my eyes, quite ugly.

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh164/cgfiat/C360_2013-10-08-13-17-48-263_zpsfe6b9e92.jpg

KidWok
10-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I recall them being fairly low end...and do remember the first model from Kuota being the same as something performance was selling. The frame probably isn't worth much.

Tai

LegendRider
10-09-2013, 11:03 AM
EPX was based in Norcross, GA, a suburb of Atlanta. My LBS at the time had a yellow 303 on the floor and it was extremely unattractive. I don't know the full story but somehow EPX morphed into Blue. (They needed a complete makeover!)

fiataccompli
10-09-2013, 12:28 PM
interesting. visually, the paint/graphics on the bike have all the style & flair of the best you'll see on the shelf at Walmart. Seemed an odd place to hang what was at the time a rather pricey full Chorus 10 speed group. I was told this was bought as a frame & built by (or for) the would-be rider.

LegendRider
10-09-2013, 02:32 PM
EPX was based in Norcross, GA, a suburb of Atlanta. My LBS at the time had a yellow 303 on the floor and it was extremely unattractive. I don't know the full story but somehow EPX morphed into Blue. (They needed a complete makeover!)

Notice that all the Blue cyclocross bikes are named Norcross.