PDA

View Full Version : about to try Retroshift....

pinkshogun
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
any tips from users. they will be mounted on Nitto Noodles bound for my Atlantis using shimano 8 speed bar ends

cachagua
10-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I don't know from Retroshift, but what a GREAT shot of your workbench! I hope you're suitably proud.

Steve in SLO
10-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I spy with my little eye a big a$$ knife handle

93legendti
10-07-2013, 07:08 AM
I have a pair on a Bike Friday, so does Ahneida Ride. I like them. AR started a thread about them a while back. The idea was panned by by a few who have never tried them.:rolleyes:

I used DT shifters. Next time I would try thumb shifters for the curve and rubber on the shifters.

William
10-07-2013, 07:21 AM
I have a pair on a Bike Friday, so does Ahneida Ride. I like them. AR started a thread about them a while back. The idea was panned by those who never tried them.:rolleyes:

I used DT shifters. Next time I would try thumb shifters for the curve and rubber on the shifters.

Not by me. I thought they were pretty slick. Ride report please after you've put some miles on them.

William

oldpotatoe
10-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Not by me. I thought they were pretty slick. Ride report please after you've put some miles on them.

William

Disregard..mistook for Micro shift.

William
10-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Installed a few, tuned a few..they work, once set up, like any shifting system.

And that's all you could ask for.:)

William

93legendti
10-07-2013, 07:27 AM

William

I edited...

Here's what I have posted before:
http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab27/adambaker29/1429ae6428e27b249bdd92777fe726e3_zpse7a8cec8.jpg

Here's mine on my Bike Friday. Thumb shifters are a better choice- a bit wider, less space between the lever and shifter and the rubber sleeve is kinder on the fingers. No trouble getting your hand around to reach those last couple gears from the hoods. In the drops, it can be a challenge.

I love them on my travel bike: they take up less space in the case, so less chance of travel damage, not to mention, more room in the case. Shifting issues are easily solved by switching to friction (there are no bike shops where we stay on the Golan Heights). The ability to dump the (Shimano) cassette is also nice, especially for riding in areas with lots of steep terrain changes.
Cheaper and lighter than Shimano 6700. STI lite with friction option.

I like them. ymmv.