PDA

View Full Version : Calling out for favors

Fixed
10-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I am going through a divorce with mrs fixed ,I have no bike gear I need shorts jersey or any spare bike gear , I have a bike I have been cut off from my funds for now ,please do not email as that would go to her p.m me for info ,
Trying to put my life back together I am 6' and 145 lbs anything you have in a box somewhere would be of great value to me ,I will pay you back in the future .
Cheers and thanks

phcollard
10-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I am going through a divorce with mrs fixed ,I have no bike gear I need shorts jersey or any spare bike gear , I have a bike I have been cut off from my funds for now ,please do not email as that would go to her p.m me for info ,
Trying to put my life back together I am 6' and 145 lbs anything you have in a box somewhere would be of great value to me ,I will pay you back in the future .
Cheers and thanks

Butch,

Sorry to hear things are not doing too well. Hang in there buddy!

I have two Sugoi chamois shorts that I could send you if they fit. I'm about 32-33 waist and they fit me fine. They're clean. Send me a note if you want them. I should also have some parts. Do you need a 10 speed cassette? I believe I have a mint SRAM 12-27 for you.

Cheers,

Philippe.

cfox
10-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I have a bunch of good clothes that would fit you, I'm 5'10" 145 lbs. PM me your address and I'll send you a box full.

DRZRM
10-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Hey Butch,

So sorry to hear about what you are going through. I'm too big for you clothes-wise, but tell us what gear you need. I have spare tires, pumps, and other stuff I'm not thinking of (lights?). What are you riding, and what do you need.

Take good care!

Zach

bthornt
10-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey Butch,

I have a never used 120 mm Easton ea70 stem, plus minus 6 degrees, for a 1 and 1/8 steerer tube and 31.8 mm clamp. It's alloy, 2 bolts on the face plate.

Also I have a few jerseys that seem likely to fit you.

Shoot me a PM if you want any of it.

Barry

alpsantos
10-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I also have a bunch of items to send including shorts and jerseys. PM me your address.

Ken Robb
10-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I have some stuff you can use. Where should I send it?

jtakeda
10-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Same.

I have some stuff I actually got from you that ended up not being my size.

Never wore them and they shall go back to you.

Fixed
10-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Wow thank you all you guys are the best
Cheers
My address is
Bruce (butch) Cameron
3053 Filmore St #326
San Francisco 94123
Thank you
I owe you guys
You brightened up my day
I rode today in running shorts sneakers and a. T-shirt wearing a skate boarders helmet
I felt like one the cutters from breaking away but you know what I had smile on face it was the first time the first time in a long time I felt happy
Cheers

bicycletricycle
10-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Hang in there, no clothes for u but let me know if you need anything else.

Ken Robb
10-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Wow thank you all you guys are the best
Cheers
My address is
Bruce (butch) Cameron
3053 Filmore St #326
San Francisco 94123
Thank you
I owe you guys
You brightened up my day
I rode today in running shorts sneakers and a. T-shirt wearing a skate boarders helmet
I felt like one the cutters from breaking away but you know what I had smile on face it was the first time the first time in a long time I felt happy
Cheers
Hey, that's like my outfit except I wear a Tilley hat instead of a boarder helmet. :)

rounder
10-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Sounds like you will be set for clothes. What kind of bike stuff do you need. I will help if I can. Good luck.

TomP
10-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm smaller than you, but have a lot of spare bike stuff. Please let us know what would help.

thegunner
10-03-2013, 08:43 PM
i don't have any clothes handy - but if there are random parts i can contribute to a build, let me know, i have a box somewhere :)

keep your chin up fixed!

texbike
10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Sorry to hear the news Butch. That sucks.

What size cycling shoes do you wear? Also, do you happen to know what size jerseys you need? It sounds like you would possibly need a large 4 or a 5 but would like to confirm.

Texbike

Fixed
10-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Sorry to hear the news Butch. That sucks.

What size cycling shoes do you wear? Also, do you happen to know what size jerseys you need? It sounds like you would possibly need a large 4 or a 5 but would like to confirm.

Texbike

43-44 shoe jersey 3-4
Cheers :)thank you

KidWok
10-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Don't share your size but do share your predicament. Hang in there...

Mrs. Wok actually hired an appraiser to review my bike collection. Don't know if I'm upset or flattered.

Tai

mhespenheide
10-03-2013, 11:39 PM
What size helmet are you looking for?

Are you looking for a bike/frame?

Need any more jerseys?

KidWok,
I'm in West Seattle if you need a place to stash a few bikes away from prying eyes...:hello:

Fixed
10-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Large helmet but I think I am fine with jerseys so much kindness here
thank you. To everyone
I got a cheap cross bike yesterday it is rideable
Cheers

gasman
10-03-2013, 11:48 PM
I can send you a helmet.

Sorry for what's happening Butch

Fixed
10-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Thank you gasman it was all my fault I have been hard to live with the last three years
Thank you for everything

gasman
10-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Thank you gasman it was all my fault I have been hard to live with the last three years
Thank you for everything
Don't beat yourself up. You're a good man

KidWok
10-04-2013, 12:23 AM
What size helmet are you looking for?

Are you looking for a bike/frame?

Need any more jerseys?

KidWok,
I'm in West Seattle if you need a place to stash a few bikes away from prying eyes...:hello:

Dunno if your place is big enough...:banana:

Tai

MattTuck
10-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Fixed,

Sorry to hear about this. I THINK I have some stuff that might fit the bill, but it is in storage (ironically perhaps) because of my divorce. I'm not sure I can get to it this weekend, but I'll try to make a point of getting there as soon as I can.

Feel free to PM me also, as divorce sucks and you should have a person to talk to.

Best of luck.

jghall
10-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Been there, done that. Hang in there Butch.

Sure I have stuff to add to the cause. Can you list what else you may be needing at this point?

Btw, it rarely is 100% one persons fault. As they say, it takes two to tango.

mhespenheide
10-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Dunno if your place is big enough...:banana:

Tai

Tai,

I've got an empty small barn/large shed in my backyard in West Seattle. If you want to buy some hardware and lock(s), it would probably fit twenty or so...

Just don't try my wife's patience for more than a couple months, please. :cool:

Or if you just want to get a couple preciouses tucked away, I can put them in a basement side-room.

Heh.

More back on target, I can offer to send a new inexpensive Bell helmet that I never warmed to. Coming up at Christmas, I'll be headed back to my parents' house where I have an old Trek 660 in the rafters. Reynolds 531, lugged, 59cm seat/58cm top, paralell 74's, horrible rattlecan paint job. I could scrape up most parts (shy of wheels) if you don't mind decent old stuff.

Fixed
10-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Fixed,

Sorry to hear about this. I THINK I have some stuff that might fit the bill, but it is in storage (ironically perhaps) because of my divorce. I'm not sure I can get to it this weekend, but I'll try to make a point of getting there as soon as I can.

Feel free to PM me also, as divorce sucks and you should have a person to talk to.

Best of luck.
Thanks Matt ,I am starting all over but I just got a bike , ex -wife has all my bikes and gear right now I could use some cooler riding gear since San Francisco is a lot cooler than Florida . I have been going though a hard time ,I am living with my girlfriend now ,having to train her about life with a cyclist .
Thank you I hope you are well
Cheers

Brian Cdn
10-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Have some size 43.5 Shimano road shoes. Carbon soled. Used but still very ok.

Can send them your way if you are still in need. Canada Post can take a few days.

Hang in there.

Cheers

Ahneida Ride
10-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Gotcha ya covered ! free HandleBra ...

send me a PM when ya need it ..

My Best Fixed !

KidWok
10-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Of course...I was joking.

In all seriousness, thanks for the offer. There was another forum member that reached out to me with the same and I'm floored that two complete strangers would come out and offer this much help. Same goes for everything that people are offering for OP. Goes to show what an awesome community we have here. I've got my own place with plenty of space for my boys and my toys, so I'm all good. Thanks again to you and the other fellow for being so kind.

FWIW, I don't have 20 bikes...yet.

Tai

Tai,

I've got an empty small barn/large shed in my backyard in West Seattle. If you want to buy some hardware and lock(s), it would probably fit twenty or so...

Just don't try my wife's patience for more than a couple months, please. :cool:

Or if you just want to get a couple preciouses tucked away, I can put them in a basement side-room.

Heh.

More back on target, I can offer to send a new inexpensive Bell helmet that I never warmed to. Coming up at Christmas, I'll be headed back to my parents' house where I have an old Trek 660 in the rafters. Reynolds 531, lugged, 59cm seat/58cm top, paralell 74's, horrible rattlecan paint job. I could scrape up most parts (shy of wheels) if you don't mind decent old stuff.

KidWok
10-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Gotcha ya covered ! free HandleBra ...

send me a PM when ya need it ..

My Best Fixed !

Half of marriages end up in divorce (although that may go down now that gay people can get married)...you might be giving away a lot of HandeBra! :eek:

Tai

Ahneida Ride
10-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Fixed has been around here a long time ..

It's the least I can do ... :banana:

DfCas
10-04-2013, 09:08 PM
I have a pair of 43.5 mountain shoes I can send. Let me know if you want mountain shoes.

Fixed
10-04-2013, 09:44 PM
I am touched beyond belief that so many have offered their support and kindness my way ,all I can say is a heartfelt thanks to all .
I will be back up and running and I will repay all the kindness I have been shown one way or another .the beauty of the serotta forum was it's sense of community that has carried over to the paceline forum thank you to all my friends

weisan
10-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Fixed-pal...

InspectorGadget
10-04-2013, 10:23 PM
What size bike do you ride? I know you said you just picked up a cross bike, but I may have another option for you.

Fixed
10-04-2013, 11:12 PM
What size bike do you ride? I know you said you just picked up a cross bike, but I may have another option for you.

I have had everything from from 55 -58 depending on stem and post height
My cross/ commuter is a 56 ..I have been riding a 57 for the last few years
I even had a 59 once with a French fit
Cheers
My cross bikes is working out fine it is a bianchi lupo decent solid heavy steel frame with nine speed sora ,it is rideable.

Gsinill
10-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Got a nice Easton EA70 clincher wheelset (Shimano) that I could spare.

slidey
10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Sorry to hear of your situation, Fixed.

I've got a couple of Cinelli XA stems I can spare - 26.4mm clamp, 80mm and 85mm, if you need them.

Fixed
10-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Big thank you to all my pals that sent me some great clothes thank you so much
So much kindness shown to me thank you , :banana:
Cheers

Javaman
10-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Fixed, sorry to hear...I would like to help but from the looks of it you gonna have more bike stuff than me :) I have a few spare tools I will send you.
Take care!

Fixed
10-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Fixed, sorry to hear...I would like to help but from the looks of it you gonna have more bike stuff than me :) I have a few spare tools I will send you.
Take care!
Thank you that is very thoughtful and kind. All I have is the woody it is a small hex set I carry in my jersey pocket
Cheers
My rides are very short ,I ride on the fort mason trail everyday it is a protected bike path .I still have some issues from t.b.i from my crash three years ago , but the beauty of the out doors and the wind in my face lifts my spirit so much it is better than any medicine I have taken ,I am very careful I am riding a steel cross bike with 37 mm tires it is a tank but fits me size wise beautifully . I am getting more more comfortable on it adding that to my daily yoga practice has made me feel happier ,
divorce is a nasty business separating from someone you thought you would spend the rest of your life with is painful and stressful ,thank you to everyone for making me feel loved and welcomed .
cyclist are some of the nicest people around .I think we cyclist get a bum rap sometime for being cold ,I have never met a nicer group people ,much nicer than the yogis i have met and I am a certified yoga teacher with over 400 hours of teacher training now .
Thank you to everyone
Cheers

binxnyrwarrsoul
10-11-2013, 08:29 AM
"....the beauty of the out doors and the wind in my face lifts my spirit so much it is better than any medicine."

Plus 1 billion!!!!!!!

sworcester
10-11-2013, 08:45 AM
PM me if you need any of this
Size 45 carbon soled cycling shoes
size 4 short sleeve jerseys, I may have a warm up/wind jacket. Some older real chamois shorts
When I wore those I was 6'2" 175#
Still that height, not that weight.

plattyjo
10-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi Butch,

I don't have anything to offer you, but my husband might (I think he has some old parts kicking around, including some old Crank Bros. pedals) I work in SF so holler if you need anything else! We could meet up.

Hang in there!

Cheers,

Jenny

Fixed
10-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi Butch,

I don't have anything to offer you, but my husband might (I think he has some old parts kicking around, including some old Crank Bros. pedals) I work in SF so holler if you need anything else! We could meet up.

Hang in there!

Cheers,

Jenny
I love crank bros I have wellgo that came on my cross / commuter bike c.b.'s would be a good upgrade
Thanks you

plattyjo
10-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Ok - let me check with him and I'll PM you! :)

Jeff N.
10-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Cheers and thanksBeen there, done that. Many years ago. Turned out to be the single best thing that ever happened to me, a silver-lined cloud for sure. Hope it turns out to be the same for you, man. Jeff N.

bobswire
10-11-2013, 10:40 AM
I was riding out near fillmore and filbert yesterday and passed by a newly opened thrift store called, Fixed Pre Owned Cycling Wear.

Just kidding, I met up with Fixed yesterday and we had a good chat. He is as mellow and positive as he comes across on the site. We plan to get together on a ride next week so I can show him some of the neat alleyways, backroads and shortcuts I use to navigate this beautiful city. I meant to take a pic and forgot, next time.