PDA

View Full Version : Lezyne hose on an old Joe Blow?

Veloo
10-01-2013, 05:10 PM
The Lezyne ABS hose with Flip Thread Head is only about $25. My old Joe Blow works fine but I'm tired of the head and would like something that works well with my car too.

Wonder if the Lezyne hose will fit on my Joe Blow.

djg21
10-01-2013, 05:39 PM
The Lezyne ABS hose with Flip Thread Head is only about $25. My old Joe Blow works fine but I'm tired of the head and would like something that works well with my car too.

Wonder if the Lezyne hose will fit on my Joe Blow.

Go to an auto parts store and buy air-conditioning hose. It's cheap. Then you can put on any head you want.

vqdriver
10-01-2013, 05:52 PM
i really like my joe blow pump but one thing i don't get is why the center pin that's supposed to depress the pin on schrader valves is hollow. the pin on the valve just slips into the pin on the pump head making it a real pain to use on schraders.

Veloo
10-26-2013, 03:54 PM
A Lezyne flip thread replacement hose/ head will indeed fit onto an old Topeak Joe Blow. Just tested both presta and schrader ends and both worked fine.

Brian Cdn
10-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Veloo

You can get replacement pump parts at Mec.ca that will work with your Joe.

They have a Filzer pump cleaver head for about the same as 2 large cups of Starbucks coffee.

Cheers

B

Veloo
10-26-2013, 04:48 PM
I wanted a straight head that would fit the car and motorcycle as well. I find the lever style heads I've had didn't work well on schrader.

Ken Robb
10-26-2013, 05:20 PM
My bikefriday has Schraeder valves and my Joe Blow head works ok on them but it does require quite a bit of pressure to get it to lock on. I don't think I would want to use it often on car tires because it would require a LOT of strokes to provide the volume needed for tires that size.

Veloo
10-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Hopefully never have to fully inflate but just to top up.