PDA

View Full Version : vanilla is one of my favorite flavors!

e-RICHIE
01-07-2006, 06:55 AM
SACHA-ISSIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2005/probikes/?id=skerritt_vanilla

eddief
01-07-2006, 07:39 AM
does he have to cut those by hand or are they cast in some way?

coylifut
01-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Thank God there's people like Sacha White around who have comand of the right side of their brain to counter balance bean counters like me.

manet
01-07-2006, 08:57 AM

http://www.forwardedge.com/e6-c.jpg

dbrk
01-07-2006, 09:11 AM
What is so rockin'ly cool about Sacha is that he supports racing on the one hand and builds commensurately beautiful, functional, tres cool velos and then goes and builds a randonneur or a city bike or something else that expresses a desire, need, creative response. And all out of a one man shop-like environment without much "budget" for such sponsorships or help but because he loves cycling. That speaks volumes. And who touts the fella? His "rival" Sachs who supports his fellow craftsfellas like a real mensch (used in Jersey as common vernacular with both acknowlegement to its Yiddish origins and without the slightest hesitation on the part of goy like me...). cpg is the same sort of builder, the same kind of mensch. The bicycle industry is filled with interesting, talented, honorable folks, Serotta at the top of that list as we know too.

Anyway, I know Sacha White, Senator (add Lloyd Bensten voice...) and he's da'man.

Many congrats on this splendid press. Well-deserved and likely to cause the phone to ring. Yikes. Can SW deal with more work!? Of course! We'll wait patiently because some things are worth waiting for. I have a savings account for a Philippe Dufour too but by current reckonings I will be about 137 years old before I can afford one of his Simplicities. I hope to have a Vanilla before that.

dbrk

chrisroph
01-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Sacha's bikes are absolutely beautiful, meticulously and artistically crafted with many unique touches. We are fortunte to have an artisan like sacha in portland.

Tailwinds
01-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Have you been to his website lately? Lots of *stunning* new bikes in the photo galleries.

shinomaster
01-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I was at the bike Gallery right after the photo shoot..Shannon said it's the best cross bike he has ever ridden...

Ok Sacha how much for a deposit?

NAHBS
01-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Folks, Gotta hand it to Sacha, nice bike and even nicer for him being noticed and getting a great review.
In case you didnt know, Sacha will be at the NAHBS to defend his "Best of Show" title...theres some stiff competition, so come on down in March to San Jose and meet Mr. White in person...
bring a towel to wipe off the drool....

DW

72gmc
01-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Saw Shannon and Molly Cameron at a USGP of cyclocross and almost couldn't believe those Vanilla cross bikes were going to be thoroughly abused. Like the benefactor of this forum and many of the builders who contribute here, Sacha does the kind of work that makes me glad I am obsessed with bikes. That blue bike he built for his wife may be the most beautiful townie on the planet.

jerk
01-07-2006, 03:43 PM
molly cameron has awful taste in music.

jerk

Sacha White
01-07-2006, 04:41 PM

My new road and cross drops are cnc'd by Anvil. This has allowed us to remove alot of unneccesary material from the back side of the drop, add a little to the derailuer hanger and machine in a nice edge for the paint to stop at in a clean way. Before this new generation, I had multiple pieces (mostly laser cut) that I would build into a dropout that was what I wanted it to be. My track and disc drops still this way.

-Sacha

Sacha White
01-07-2006, 04:44 PM

jerk

Tell me about it. I went in to her shop the other day and some punk rock bs was on. She stepped out for coffee and I promptly put on the "family values" rock station. I know it is what you would have wanted.

xoxo,

Sacha

shinomaster
01-07-2006, 04:46 PM

jerk

And a lot of other things too...

Sacha White
01-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Saw Shannon and Molly Cameron at a USGP of cyclocross and almost couldn't believe those Vanilla cross bikes were going to be thoroughly abused. Like the benefactor of this forum and many of the builders who contribute here, Sacha does the kind of work that makes me glad I am obsessed with bikes. That blue bike he built for his wife may be the most beautiful townie on the planet.

Thanks!

My wife was reading over my shoulder and smiled when she saw your post. After almost a year of commuting on this bike everyday, it is looking well used, but is still a good work horse. :beer:

- Sacha

jerk
01-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Tell me about it. I went in to her shop the other day and some punk rock bs was on. She stepped out for coffee and I promptly put on the "family values" rock station. I know it is what you would have wanted.

xoxo,

Sacha

thanks bub......

the jerk likes family music.

Fixed
01-07-2006, 05:57 PM
next one down bro

Fixed
01-07-2006, 06:03 PM
http://www.slystonemusic.com/ cheers

jerk
01-07-2006, 06:05 PM
bro check out my famliy cheers :beer: compai
http://www.slystonemusic.com/ (http://)

awesome...how could the jerk forget sly and the family stone? when it comes to family music imho, that takes the cake. although molly would probably call it mediocre boston bar rock.

e-RICHIE
01-07-2006, 06:17 PM
don't forget these knuckleheads...

72gmc
01-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Booking a hard-working mom and her kids in those lousy venues... he never heard of CBGB?

Your wife should smile, Sacha. Good on you to set her up so well.

e-RICHIE
01-07-2006, 07:47 PM
... he never heard of CBGB?

send money now.

manet
01-07-2006, 07:48 PM
don't forget these knuckleheads...

sorry, you want room 12a, down the hall:

http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/

fstrthnu
01-07-2006, 08:50 PM
IMHO its better than being a mediocre bike racer with an MP blog Yo.

Fstrthnu

and You

jerk
01-07-2006, 09:47 PM
IMHO its better than being a mediocre bike racer with an MP blog Yo.

Fstrthnu

and You

yeah bro, that blog be calling out the best band in america and the kid with the best glasses in america yo! imho

bro-

jerk

Fixed
01-07-2006, 09:58 PM
bro vanilla fudge cheers :beer:

e-RICHIE
01-07-2006, 10:27 PM
bro vanilla fudge cheers :beer:

set me free why don't cha babe...

mark stein from the vanilla fudge lived
one street over from me in the old 'hood.

nobrakes
01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Was just in Veloshop this afternoon, saw what looked like the same Vanilla hanging upstairs without a crank. Great looking bike, impressive details. Almost to nice to get all dirty...