PDA

View Full Version : Rolf Prima moves production of bicycle tire rims back to Eugene

ORMojo
09-25-2013, 05:36 PM
http://www.registerguard.com/rg/news/local/30515356-75/rims-rim-eugene-prima-rolf.html.csp

gasman
09-25-2013, 05:42 PM
This was prompted by QC problems. Rolf wheels are very popular in Eugene and I know of several sets that have had rim problems this year, mainly with the braking surface shedding tiny aluminum shards. Rolf has given excellent customer service in every case.

EricEstlund
09-25-2013, 08:24 PM
This is pretty exciting! I can't wait to see what they are up to.

zap
09-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Interesting.

I think Kinlin is the more recent supplier..certainly the Rolf Tandem wheelset we have has identical looking rims to our other tandem wheelset that Alchemy built for us.......using Kinlin 30 rims.

MattTuck
09-26-2013, 08:57 AM
This is actually a bit surprising to me. Finding quality manufacturing in china is really not that hard.

The issue, more and more, is that relative to the US making stuff in China is getting more expensive than it used to be because of higher labor costs.

oldpotatoe
09-26-2013, 09:44 AM
This is actually a bit surprising to me. Finding quality manufacturing in china is really not that hard.

The issue, more and more, is that relative to the US making stuff in China is getting more expensive than it used to be because of higher labor costs.

And ease, less $ of shipping and manufacturing monitoring. Unless they are going OE to a frame made there. But monitoring manufacturing is expensive when ya gotta fly 20 hours to get there.

zoid
09-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Very Exciting.