PDA

View Full Version : Painters/coaters in PHX, AZ area?

Lewis Moon
09-25-2013, 11:11 AM
A while back I bought a rebranded Salsa Primero (Fastrax) and I love it. However, it's butt ugly and the paint (white) is about as crapalicious as I've ever seen. That's probably 'cause they shot the white coat right over the Salsa red. The whole shebang is flaking off like dandruff. The welds are also ugly as dried feces.
Basically, even dripping in carbon Campy 10sp, it looks like a shaved cat with consumption and a skin fungus.

I want/need to recoat it sometime this winter. The last guy I used (Dale at One Off) isn't returning my emails, so I need to find someone else. Anyone got a suggestion in the PHOENIX (not Tucson, not Flagstaff) area? really, I don't care if someone just cleans out their gun on this thing, I just need it shot with something that is durable, won't show every bit of road grime AND be butt ugly.

Yes...I'll post pics. I looked in my Picasa account and I got nothin'. Probably for good reason.

zennmotion
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
A while back I bought a rebranded Salsa Primero (Fastrax) and I love it. However, it's butt ugly and the paint (white) is about as crapalicious as I've ever seen. That's probably 'cause they shot the white coat right over the Salsa red. The whole shebang is flaking off like dandruff. The welds are also ugly as dried feces.
Basically, even dripping in carbon Campy 10sp, it looks like a shaved cat with consumption and a skin fungus.

I want/need to recoat it sometime this winter. The last guy I used (Dale at One Off) isn't returning my emails, so I need to find someone else. Anyone got a suggestion in the PHOENIX (not Tucson, not Flagstaff) area? really, I don't care if someone just cleans out their gun on this thing, I just need it shot with something that is durable, won't show every bit of road grime AND be butt ugly.

Yes...I'll post pics. I looked in my Picasa account and I got nothin'. Probably for good reason.
I posted across the hall as well (hey you started it!), but Joe Wells of Tsunami bikes in Phoenix deserves more exposure for their work, they build awesome aluminum custom bikes including their own great paint jobs at a reasonable price. No BS custom race bikes at factory-produced prices, and they do repaints, there are some Tsunami bikes/pics here in the forum. http://tsunamibikes.com/wordpress1/

Charles M
09-25-2013, 08:47 PM
There's a painter on Buckeye called WakKreations... Alonso Flores.

It's not the Taj Mahal, but his work is good (some of his custom moto stuff is fantastic) and he's reasonable.

Louis
09-25-2013, 08:51 PM
I just need it shot with something that is durable, won't show every bit of road grime AND be butt ugly.

In that case I would think that a powdercoat job is the way to go. (and they're way cheap)