PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on rollers with fork stand versus regular trainer

moose8
09-24-2013, 01:40 PM
So my fiancee has reasonably suggested we only have room for one bike-trainer related device, and she would like to be able to use it. She does not like/is slightly afraid of the rollers I have and has suggested I sell them and we get something like a tacx iflow so we both can use it. The other option I thought of was adding a kreitler fork stand to my rollers and then both she and I could use the rollers how we wanted.

Has anyone tried a forkstand, and if so any thoughts on ease of use, or does anyone have a view either way which is the better compromise?

Thanks

DRZRM
09-24-2013, 01:50 PM
The Kreitler forkstands work just fine. I have some, I've used them once, but my wife likes it well enough. Best of both worlds for everyone.

Formulasaab
09-24-2013, 01:55 PM
I've got a fork stand for my Minoura rollers for the same reason. It works just as you would expect it to. No problem.

Liharvy
09-24-2013, 02:51 PM
+1 for the Kreitler fork stand and rollers. Best of both worlds.

Better feel than a standard trainer although they are great for mindless spinning / TV watching.

gmcampy
09-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Mine too have the fork stand and works perfectly. I convinced myself to learn to ride the rollers last winter (crashed 6 times). This year Im modifing them via this.....Already have the doner in line wheels :)

http://www.nonprocycling.com/2013/09/diy-free-motion-rollers-howto-video/