PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with November Bicycles?

tlittlefield
09-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Just happened upon their website and the carbon clincher that they offer seems like a great deal.

Anyone riding on them?

flydhest
09-23-2013, 08:29 PM
been riding a set of their aluminum A23 wheels for over a year. happy.

they are part of the local race scene here, too.

stien
09-23-2013, 09:12 PM
I bought in early, prices have definitely gone up bit their product seems to have improved in quality as well. Don't have the wheels anymore though. They are stand up guys and people seem to love their gear.

gavingould
09-23-2013, 09:45 PM
brother-in-law has had a set of the carbon clinchers since spring... has broken several spokes on the rear wheel, getting it rebuilt by his LBS at end of road riding weather in WI. he's around 160lbs. otherwise seems to like 'em fine.

tiretrax
09-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Visited with them at NAHBS a few years back. Very nice folks.

KonaSS
09-24-2013, 05:11 AM
I have had a pair of their Rail Carbon clincher wheels since July. The Rails replaced a set of Enve 45s.

From ride quality - I love them. Subjectively feel move comfortable, more aerodynamic and more stable in winds than the Enve 45s. At this point, I would definitely recommend them.

Zero problems so far, but this isn't exactly a long term test.

ergott
09-24-2013, 06:25 AM
In the process of a more formal announcement, but I build with their Rail 52 rims. Excellent stuff. I took them to D2R2 and lived to tell about it. Even got top 5 all-time on a couple of descents with cross tires;-)

The rims are a proprietary mold not shared with any other company and they are made in Taiwan (most high end carbon rims are these days). November has done similar testing to Zipp and Enve to get their shape dialed in.

You can get their stock builds direct with their own hubs (good stuff) or contact me for custom builds with other hubs.

http://ergottwheels.smugmug.com/Sports/Cycling/The-bikes/i-sFKGbSJ/1/X2/IMG_20130918_160101_257-X2.jpg

http://ergottwheels.smugmug.com/Sports/Cycling/The-bikes/i-mpXM7bQ/1/X2/IMG_20130823_072001_930-X2.jpg

joep2517
04-19-2014, 01:25 AM
In the process of a more formal announcement, but I build with their Rail 52 rims. Excellent stuff. I took them to D2R2 and lived to tell about it. Even got top 5 all-time on a couple of descents with cross tires;-)

The rims are a proprietary mold not shared with any other company and they are made in Taiwan (most high end carbon rims are these days). November has done similar testing to Zipp and Enve to get their shape dialed in.

You can get their stock builds direct with their own hubs (good stuff) or contact me for custom builds with other hubs.

Eric,

Is your impression of November Rail the same? How would you compare those to other carbon wheels, Boyd, Enve, etc.? Would they hold up to a bigger rider (I weigh 195lbs.)?

I'm looking for a set of wheels but I don't want to break the bank.

Thanks...

ergott
04-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Long term, I really like the rims. I think there is a bit less wind steer from an Enve 6 front rim, but both are predictable and easy enough for me to handle. Fit and finish is excellent. I do like Enve brake pads better than SS Black Prince. I didn't try using the November rims with the Enve pads though.

I have yet to ride Boyd's rims, but will this season. I'm excited that he is making rims available to select builders for custom wheels. They won't have the large Boyd logo on them. Instead it will be a small badge by the valve stem.

oldpotatoe
04-19-2014, 06:40 PM
brother-in-law has had a set of the carbon clinchers since spring... has broken several spokes on the rear wheel, getting it rebuilt by his LBS at end of road riding weather in WI. he's around 160lbs. otherwise seems to like 'em fine.

?huh?