PDA

View Full Version : Kovit Cycles....the rebirth of Isotruss and Delta 7 Bikes

sales guy
09-23-2013, 10:44 AM
While the founder of Kovit says they are totally different than Delta 7, the founder of Delta 7 is the same founder of Kovit. Edward Christiansen.

I have first hand knowledge of Delta 7 as I worked with them for a couple years. So I know what happened. Personally, I am glad to see the technology in use again as it was insanely cool. To see the testing, product and everything, being a part of it was great. They sent the frames to German to test and actually broke the test rig!

Sad part was when Jay Mealey was brought in and he pushed out the original owners and everyone who did everything for that company. Designers, marketing, sales, everyone! It was just stupid. He killed the company.

It's sat in limbo for a few years now and Edward the founder of the original company and founder of this one version has gotten the tech and is making frames. I never owned one in my size. I always had ones that were too small. But I did ride them and have to say they were cool and insanely stiff.
Hopefully they can make things work out now and keep people happy. Always the hardest parts of anything. They have the new machines to make the tubes vs by hand for 300 hours!!! And they are using the Kevlar for consolidation like on the older Delta 7 frames. But other than the lighter weight, the frames are identical. Half the price though.

Still made in Utah. Near the old factory in Payson. It should be interesting to see what happens and how things go this time around.

I am not plugging them. I am mentioning this/them because they were in someone's interbike photo post and I said I would find out what's up.