PDA

View Full Version : Got a new fork

saab2000
01-05-2006, 08:35 AM
My new/used Reynolds Ouzo Pro is here! I got it used from a forum member and it is, as usual here, a better than expected deal. The fork is used, but appears new. In fact, the only way to tell it is not new is that you can see that a wheel has been clamped into the fork ends. The box, packaging, etc., were all original and it looks awesome. I hope it is stiffer than my other one.

This fork will go on my Merckx Majestic Ti and I am hoping it will make it into a better bike. I have considered the Look HSC3 I currently have to be mushy, twisty and very unsatisfying. A few months ago I almost bought a Serotta F3 but hesitated enough that someone else got it.

If the Reynolds doesn't do the trick the Merckx will go on the trading block. Gonna be interesting.

Now all I need is enough time to ride the thing.

Fixed
01-05-2006, 09:03 AM
bro I am finding out it takes time to get a race bike just right. good luck cheers :beer:

saab2000
01-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Indeed. I have even thought about another steel fork. You and I are among the believers in those things. The rake of this new one is exactly the same as the Look. Hopefully it will just be stiffer. The Reynolds seems to be the standard of the industry.