PDA

View Full Version : Question for Saab 2000

Fiertetimestwo
09-20-2013, 06:32 AM
I seem too recall a few weeks ago you mentioned that you felt that a frame with down tube shifter mounts would work better with the cable splitters on an S&S coupled frame.

Do you have any more detail as to why this is the case and how big a factor this might be?

I have always wanted a coupled frame and have two possible candidates - a Serotta Fierte Ti with head tube cable mounts, and an older Gios steel frame with the mounts on the down tube.

Hmmm, what to do?

gearguywb
09-20-2013, 06:39 AM
I can only tell you that after having two different bikes (plus the wife's) with S&S couplers, with splitters, that they work just fine with any of the modern shifters.

I do not have any expierence with a coupled frome with down tube shifters, but they should work just fine also. the splitters are really a non-issue performance wise.

weisan
09-20-2013, 06:40 AM
I can only tell you that after having two different bikes (plus the wife's) with S&S couplers, with splitters, that they work just fine with any of the modern shifters.

I do not have any expierence with a coupled frome with down tube shifters, but they should work just fine also. the splitters are really a non-issue performance wise.

Ditto.

vav
09-20-2013, 07:12 AM
According to Old Potato "I think"

DT shifters = less cable/housing = less friction/resistance = better shifting? for any drivetrain regardless of splitters, S&S, etc