PDA

View Full Version : "Reverse" flipping

Gsinill
09-17-2013, 10:12 PM
There have been quite a few posts on whether it is OK to buy something from a fellow forum member and then try to sell it on eBay to make a profit.
Opinions differ...
What about the other way around? So lets assume a forumite hits the jackpot and gets a REALLY good deal on eBay and then tries to flip the item here to make some bucks, let's say by asking 3x what he/she paid on eBay.

Reverse scenario, same opinions?

firerescuefin
09-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Do we really have to have another of these threads?

:confused:

Are you bored?

Gsinill
09-17-2013, 10:24 PM
No, but all the threads I found, admitting that I did not go through all of them, were talking about buying here and selling with profit on eBay.

Do we really have to have another of these threads?

:confused:

Are you bored?

54ny77
09-17-2013, 10:26 PM
i think "flipping" bike parts for profit in general is asinine.

just sell stuff here for good deal to members, and conversely buy stuff for a good deal. keeps the wheels turnin', allows some of us to buy & try, or clear out the closet and offer a fair deal.

but, yeah i know that's probably a pipe dream.

gee, it must be winter.....

rice rocket
09-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Are you battling MattTuck for worst thread topics on this forum?

thegunner
09-17-2013, 10:35 PM
i think the point is that people are supposed to come here for the discussion and sell their stuff as a perk of the forum. not worry about who's flipping what.

i just gave away a bunch of random parts, and to be honest, i couldn't care less what the recipient does with it now.

Gsinill
09-17-2013, 10:42 PM

Not my intention at all...

One particular post in the classifieds right now triggered my question.
If you think it's OK ignore my question, if you are opposed, you might want to double check first before you agree to a deal.

Nuff said, no more need for comments... ;)

Ken Robb
09-17-2013, 11:43 PM
I guess I don't like people getting the "bro" deal on the forum and flipping for a profit on eBay.

OTOH if they steal something on eBay and offer it here for a good deal that's less offensive even if they are making a profit.

josephr
09-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Not my intention at all...

One particular post in the classifieds right now triggered my question.
If you think it's OK ignore my question, if you are opposed, you might want to double check first before you agree to a deal.

Nuff said, no more need for comments... ;)

If you don't want comments, don't start threads on dead-horse whipping subjects. :) :bike:

That being said...I always try to sell stuff at bike buddy prices. Not gonna get into whether they're a good bike buddy or not....if you feel like its a flipper taking advantage of your good offerings, don't sell to them.
Joe

toytech
09-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't care what someone paid or if they profit if I want what are selling, and the price is fair. Conversely I don't care if someone resells what they buy from me either. If I was worried about that I would not sell.
That said, I only buy here for personal bike use.
Stuff I buy on ebay or craigs I might flip to fund my bike addiction, but I don't list those here.
People worry too much about this stuff ride your bikes :banana:

Raffy
09-18-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't care what someone paid or if they profit if I want what are selling, and the price is fair. Conversely I don't care if someone resells what they buy from me either. If I was worried about that I would not sell.
That said, I only buy here for personal bike use.
Stuff I buy on ebay or craigs I might flip to fund my bike addiction, but I don't list those here.
People worry too much about this stuff ride your bikes :banana:

Well said, I work the same way!

CaliFly
09-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Fair price is fair price. Capitalism is capitalism.

beeatnik
09-18-2013, 03:49 PM

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=133016