PDA

View Full Version : hey, andreu

Climb01742
03-06-2004, 04:39 PM
are you trying to set a record or something? like most posts within a 72 hour time period? be careful. kevin is watching you. our new king of posts is enjoying the reign of king kevin the first. you look like a long range threat. but that aside, welcome to our merry band of cyc-o-delics. its nice to add another foreign correspondent.

welcome! :p

ps: kevin, now that you're king, i think you need an honorific. king kevin the first is a little bland. i always loved "vlad the impaler". got any ideas?

king kevin the...????????

:beer:

Kevin
03-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Climb,

In my book DaveN is still wearing the Yellow Jersey. I'm simply holding his spot awaiting his return.

As far as an interim title, I gave passing thought to Kevin the Canibal, but the Canibal title belongs to Merckx and I am no Merckx. I also thought that since I am only an interim title holder that the permanent title should not be linked to my name.

As far as a permanent title for the "top" poster, I have a couple of ideas. My first idea is the "Godfather" based on the premise that this forum has similarities to the mob (I also watched the Godfather movie this afternoon). My second idea is the "Warden" based on the premise that this forum is an asylum.

We should really get DaveN's input since he will reagin his title in time.

Kevin

dnovo
03-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Always liked the alternative name given the Humungus, the guy with the muscles who wore the hockey mask and bossed the bad guys in THE ROAD WARRIOR (Academy Award material that the Academy somehow overlooked): THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK-AND-ROLLA
Dave N.

Climb01742
03-06-2004, 08:34 PM
if memory serves, the first movie was called "mad max" right? and "road warrior" was #2 right? wasn't wild about #1. loved #2. very much agree road warrior underappreciated. funny, how "terminator" 1 has achieved semi-revered status (justifiably i think.) but road warrior hasn't.

sorry, dave, but Humungus was too nasty for me to in anyway associate name with you. (maybe your courtroom personna :p but not your forum one.) head warden is kinda cool. grand formage works too i think. howz about "high exalted post-terior"? :beer:

Andreu
03-07-2004, 04:52 AM
I was not intentionally trying to set any records (but I do like winning!).
The problem was that for the last couple of weeks I have been really p***ed off with cycling. The weather is so good here that you can get out virtually every week. I have had about 2 weeks off since September. So rather do the do I sat at my computer all Friday and Saturday and got absorbed in the Serotta forum. Anyway thanks to all you guys I have my enthusiasm back (just did 82 Km) and I will be back to my 1 post a fortnight routine until I get sick of going out on my bike and hurting myself again!
I now have some great advice on wheel building and my next frame purchase.
Thanks to all
Limey in Spain.
A:beer:

Kevin
03-07-2004, 05:23 AM
DaveN,

Is this just a tease or have you returned to the forum full time? Extended trials can kill your social life and annoy the rest of your clients.

Kevin

Climb01742
03-07-2004, 05:50 AM
dave n, how about this:

1. this phorum as a career
2. law as a hobby

sounds about right, yes? :D

Kevin
03-07-2004, 05:53 AM
Climb,

I'll take that deal.

Kevin

Andreu
03-07-2004, 07:00 AM
I'll just be happy enough to be the domestique and every now and then post a load of questions on the forum to help keep the pace high. I don't think I have that edge for the yellow jersey and my fingers can't type fast enough....besides the weather is kind of spring-like here...and my thoughts are on the open road.......

:D
A