PDA

View Full Version : Simeoni to carry Olympic Torch

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
This is from CyclingNews.com . . .

Simeoni to carry Olympic torch

Filippo Simeoni (Naturino-Sapore di Mare) will carry the Winter Olympic torch through the centre of Latina on New Year's Day. Starting from 14:30, Simeoni will ride his bike carrying the torch on a route between via Curtatone and via 28 Dicembre.

"It is a unique emotion, I'm happy with this important recognition, for me to carry the Olympic torch," said Simeoni. His team manager, Vincenzo Santoni, added, "It's an important moment that rewards our team that has been involved for years in professional cycling."

Just interesting in an offbeat sort of way. Simeoni is not even a winter sport athlete. Makes me wonder if Lance will be asked to carry the torch for the summer Olympics next time . . .

BBDave

e-RICHIE
01-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Makes me wonder if Lance will be asked to carry the torch for the summer Olympics next time . . .

BBDave

he was still training during xmas.

Bill Bove
01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
That just is not funny!

Ya brings it on yaself doh.

Laughing my butt off :D :D :D

Ray
01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
BumbleBeeDave

Makes me wonder if Lance will be asked to carry the torch for the summer Olympics next time . . .
Or maybe he'll chase him down and ride along beside him issuing threats...

BBB
01-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Nah, he'd only run if he could have six or seven former team mates running in front of him, his body guards running on either side to prevent those pesky French from ruining the moment, the torch was the latest carbon fibre model from Trek and the offical running outfit was made by Nike... :)

Tom
01-04-2006, 07:25 AM
There's a joke in there about Carmicheal and flames but I'm too civilized to develop it.