PDA

View Full Version : Ottrott and Meivici (not vs.) Questions.

Argos
01-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Has anyone locked out the ST rear of their Ottrott? I heard some of the Sierra Nevada guys had at least tried it. I've changed bearings for people, but never locked anyone out. Would like to know impressions of anyone that has. Serotta James, Steve, etc, please feel free to jump in.

Also, lumping posts together, has Anyone recieved their Meivici's yet? I'd love to hear a review. I know that had some of you recieved one, you would have posted, but just in case there is a lurker out there, we'd love to hear about your new bike...

Thanks

Smiley
01-03-2006, 02:43 PM
I don't believe any client bought Meivici's have shipped as of yet , last time I spoke to Jason Clark they were tinkering with the tooling and setting up the production flow for this fine product.

Lock out my DKS , what for ??

Jeff N.
01-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Has anyone locked out the ST rear of their Ottrott? I heard some of the Sierra Nevada guys had at least tried it. I've changed bearings for people, but never locked anyone out. Would like to know impressions of anyone that has. Serotta James, Steve, etc, please feel free to jump in.

Also, lumping posts together, has Anyone recieved their Meivici's yet? I'd love to hear a review. I know that had some of you recieved one, you would have posted, but just in case there is a lurker out there, we'd love to hear about your new bike...

ThanksI've heard from various sources that there isn't any measureable play in the ST rear anyway, so why do it? Jeff N.

Argos
01-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I was not looking to do this for myself, so I don't know why. I was just curious, because I saw the option, to hear what people had done/thought about it.

davids
01-03-2006, 04:29 PM
I've heard that powerful sprinters can torque an ST rear end, causing the two sides of the stay to move out of synch, and twisting the rear wheel on its axis.

I've got minimal direct experience with ST myself, so I'm just reporting what I've heard. I rode a Legend ST for a morning, and found its climbing abilities fantastic. I don't know how much the ST technology affected that...