PDA

View Full Version : Polar Battery Replacement

OldDog
01-03-2006, 09:58 AM
My Polar heartrate monitor needs a battery transplant as the screen is fading fast.

Has anyone done a succesful surgury themselves or am I better off sending back to Polar? Is th battery readily available?

Fading fast OD...

StephenCL
01-03-2006, 10:02 AM
I have replaced my battery twice in my AccurexII with no issues. Just make sure that you reseat the little rubber gasket. Also, you can get the battery at most grocery stores...

BTW, congrats on selling the Merckx.

Stephen

dirtdigger88
01-03-2006, 10:04 AM
great timing-

my battery just puked on saturday

Jason

Hysbrian
01-03-2006, 10:05 AM
ummm...I wouldn't be so sure. Which one do you have? I use the S720-something and had to get the battery of e-bay, couldn't find them anywhere, but the replacement can be done in 15mins...no problem.

Tom
01-03-2006, 10:28 AM
The only time I'll go to those places (the mall). S720 battery replaced in five minutes, six bucks.

Now if I could get a battery for my Festina that would last longer than three months I'd be happy. I think the watch needs some sort of chemical assistance to go longer than that. Fitting, eh?

OldDog
01-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Steven - thanks for the info. I would not sell my MXL, that may have been oldguy selling some stuff last week? Old guys pee in their diaper. Us olddogs pee on your leg... :D

Brian - I don't know which model without looking, does everything but down load to my computer. More functions than I need or will ever use. Keeps my hr and time. There is four screws on the back to pop off. Just wondering about the threat of death with the seal from Polar.

I'll go for it. If I ruin it, well, I'll just throw more money in to the bicycle industry. Thanks all.

Anyone remember the Polars of yesteryear where the unit came off the wrist "mount" and slipped into a handlebar mount? What genius did away with that design in lieu of todays non-detachable wrist mount that goes onto a chunk of foam? Sheesh.....

Grant McLean
01-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Anyone remember the Polars of yesteryear where the unit came off the wrist "mount" and slipped into a handlebar mount? What genius did away with that design in lieu of todays non-detachable wrist mount that goes onto a chunk of foam? Sheesh.....

O.D.-

everything old is new again!

http://www.polar.fi/polar/channels/eng/segments/Cycling/CS100.html

_Gee

StephenCL
01-03-2006, 08:35 PM
I love my MXL as well....it is a keeper. Anyway, you can see the polar battery swap is pretty easy.

Good luck.

Stephen

dirtdigger88
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
$3.75 with tax

and about 1 minute at the battery store

Jason