PDA

View Full Version : LeMond putting his name on road bikes again

fiamme red
09-12-2013, 11:40 AM
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/product-tech/2013/09/12/lemond-introduce-three-bikes-interbike

Climb01742
09-12-2013, 11:43 AM
a very interesting pairing. will be fun to see what they've dreamed up.

slidey
09-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Time-built carbon fibre bikes! Nice :banana:

Steve in SLO
09-12-2013, 11:46 AM
It's good to see that his name is getting out there again. What a great partner he has in Time.

MattTuck
09-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Damn, I was hoping I could hang on to my Zurich and sell it for big money in a few years. My potential buyers are now going to be buying French made CF bikes :(

I know a little factory in upstate NY that could make the bikes in the US :rolleyes:

That's great for Greg, I hope he has success with it. Looking forward to these TDF inspired themes.

Benny Profane
09-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Got to meet him and be around him at a ride in Frederick, Md. last year. Very nice guy, and he did the whole ride on a pretty hot day. He is a much, ahem, larger man than you may remember him, though.

timto
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Oh that's rad! Very cool news. I've always loved Time products and been a fan of Lemond too.

jpw
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Lemond sounds French. Good move.

BumbleBeeDave
09-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Got to meet him and be around him at a ride in Frederick, Md. last year. Very nice guy, and he did the whole ride on a pretty hot day. He is a much, ahem, larger man than you may remember him, though.

. . . and photographed his charity ride from a moto at Battenkill year before last. He was a total class act, posing for photos, signing autographs (including one for me), making sure to drift back and forth in the group during the charity ride to talk with literally everybody, and just generally be absolutely the best representative they could have had for the charity.

Class act.

BBD

oldpotatoe
09-12-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/product-tech/2013/09/12/lemond-introduce-three-bikes-interbike

"LeMond will be joined at the introduction by Campagnolo president Valentino Campagnolo. The three models will be outfitted with Campy's 80th Anniversary Record groups."

bada bing!!

FlashUNC
09-12-2013, 01:31 PM
"LeMond will be joined at the introduction by Campagnolo president Valentino Campagnolo. The three models will be outfitted with Campy's 80th Anniversary Record groups."

bada bing!!

LeMond, Time and Campy all in one place. It's like they want me to do this:

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/6/61/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

#campyuserftw
09-12-2013, 01:41 PM
I wish Mr. LeMond an abundant level of success, and it's high time we see his road bikes all over the place. The deepest level of irony, or revenge, would have been TREK offering LeMond a contract, and producing his signature bikes; perhaps a reckoning is better than revenge after all, and a TIME/LeMond bike is just the remedy.

Chapeau to the great Greg LeMond.

binxnyrwarrsoul
09-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Fantastic!!!!

cfox
09-12-2013, 01:49 PM
How refreshing that he didn't go the easy way; open mold asian carbon with a fancy decal. Time bikes are fantastic, handcrafted bikes. I hope it works out well.

DfCas
09-12-2013, 01:50 PM
I want a Lemond/Time carbon cross bike.

binxnyrwarrsoul
09-12-2013, 01:52 PM
LeMond, Time and Campy all in one place. It's like they want me to do this:

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/6/61/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

Plus 1!!

Time's rule. Made completely in France, not China, Tunisia (:rolleyes:), Mars etc.

LegendRider
09-12-2013, 02:17 PM
I particularly like the retro colors.

chismog
09-12-2013, 02:24 PM
How refreshing that he didn't go the easy way; open mold asian carbon with a fancy decal. Time bikes are fantastic, handcrafted bikes. I hope it works out well.

This!

William
09-12-2013, 02:29 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6s15wvpZ61ranhnao1_400.gif

Joachim
09-12-2013, 02:41 PM
I am sooooo in.

FlashUNC
09-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Initial frames will be based around Time's NXS frame initially, with a full line for LeMond now in development.

This may get me to part with my VXR.

54ny77
09-12-2013, 02:45 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1288618&postcount=21

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=123977&highlight=lance

;)

Keith A
09-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Can't wait to see these...my Time VXR is a great machine!

josephr
09-12-2013, 02:51 PM
"For a time I lost my creative outlet..."

more like his non-compete clause with Trek finally expired. :)

that being said...it wasn't a good marriage to begin with as Trek is the Borg of the bike world. Just as Gary Fisher...hopefully he'll come back with his own bikes too.

Great for LeMond...great for cyclists!

Joe

BryanE
09-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Ohh la la if it looks anything like this.

Joe Bob
09-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Will he sell them outta the back of his car again like he did with the Trek built ones? He sure pissed off the dealers......:eek:

Before you toss stones, I have a CF Zurich and like the bike......he was an angry person who got hosed by Trek and the Armstrong thing. He WAS right but he has to mend some fences.

FlashUNC
09-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Will he sell them outta the back of his car again like he did with the Trek built ones? He sure pissed off the dealers......:eek:

Before you toss stones, I have a CF Zurich and like the bike......he was an angry person who got hosed by Trek and the Armstrong thing. He WAS right but he has to mend some fences.

He seems to be doing far better than LA these days. New bike line, a Rapha fundraising ride with him and Simon Mottram is now just north of $2k on ebay, vindication on the doping stuff.

Benny Profane
09-12-2013, 07:35 PM
He WAS right but he has to mend some fences.

Wait, what?

HE has to mend fences??? Armstrong and his lawyers stole his company from him! He should sue for zillions, but, you know, I bet he won't, because he's above that.

jeez.

Joe Bob
09-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Yes he is doing well. BUT....he has a lotta of baggage from his prior days. Taking discount bikes and selling them because he thought he was getting shorted because LA was Trek's new wonder boy......low.

I've been on the other side of a deal like that......

I doubt that I will buy any new bikes anytime soon, wish him well......

But...yeah, I AM the newbie here....there are two sides of the situation.......it's over with and I don't have a dog in the hunt. LA is lower than whale spermazoa and LeMond has nowhere to go but up. Hope he does good.

KJMUNC
09-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Glad I just picked up my Z-team bike as I'll never be able to afford one of these new ones!

Great news for a guy who has been down and kicked around for a long, long time. It's great to see him back in the industry and hopefully he'll continue innovating like he did back then.

pbarry
09-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Yes he is doing well. BUT....he has a lotta of baggage from his prior days. Taking discount bikes and selling them because he thought he was getting shorted because LA was Trek's new wonder boy......low.

I've been on the other side of a deal like that......

I doubt that I will buy any new bikes anytime soon, wish him well......

But...yeah, I AM the newbie here....there are two sides of the situation.......it's over with and I don't have a dog in the hunt. LA is lower than whale spermazoa and LeMond has nowhere to go but up. Hope he does good.

I like your edit. Reflection is a good thing. You're going to fit in fine here.

Elefantino
09-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Personally, I'd rather see RDS steel bikes as the GL line.

Still, here's hoping his bikes cause Mr. Burke even the tiniest bit of heartburn.

rustylion
09-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Fantastic!

CunegoFan
09-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Any truth to the rumor that LeMond bascially acquired Time? Over on Slowtwitch someone posted this:

"Well...you how these things go, right? The 2 entities announce something as a merger, when in reality one entity is actually bought by another ;-)

All I know is that some folks pretty high up in the Time USA organization are now saying they are LeMond employees..."

bigreen505
09-13-2013, 02:53 PM
I know a little factory in upstate NY that could make the bikes in the US :rolleyes:

That was my first thought too.

jimcav
09-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Any truth to the rumor that LeMond bascially acquired Time?
from accross the hall:

" this has been in the works for a while and i'm really happen it'd actually going to happen.

it should take lemond bikes a couple years to develop their own line. right now it's re-labeled TIMEs for the interbike presentation.

it was a big move as lemond (plus lemond fitness) purchased the TIME north american facility/office and is bringing in its own staff. "